Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i add my little p to my schoal of five yet?, when i first got my p, he was less than 1" and i just threw him in with the other five to see what would happen, he was doing relatively fine, but everyone was tellin me to take him out just in case until he's a bit bigger. we'll now he's probly about 3", his anal fin is blood red, his 2 little side fins are red, and he's startin to show his true colouration around his face and breast area. oh and he's taking out small feeder on his own. so, is it time?, my other five are about 5-7" im guessing and their in a 100 gal and there IS lots of hidding places.
thanks guys

· Registered
5,089 Posts
No matter what size you introduce the fish at, there will be a risk. With it being about half the size of the others, the risk increases. Personally, I wouldnt risk it if you really want the fish to not be bothered by the others.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
you may pull it off with adequate cover in which he can hide when they f*ck with him. in my limited pygo shoaling experience, fish that are within 1.5-2" or less in size difference can be a-ok. if he's a 3 and they're 6, it may still be a little early. if you're patient and feed the tits off him for another month, it'll increase your chances of success greatly imo. that said, if you can't stand the anticipation, take out the other fish for a while and re-arrange your deco and plants so no one feels like they own the place and add them all at once to reduce territoriality. make sure that little guy has a place to hide, preferably one the others can't chase him into and eat him. i'd stay positive though. it certainly CAN work, but there is a small risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.