Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new tank (132gallon), and in that I want maybe 5 rbp's together. But right now I have 3 2-2,5 " rbp's in a 30gallon. My question is, can I add 2 more 1" rbp in the 30 gallon? Or should I wait until mye 3 2-2,5" rbp are in the 132gallon tank, and then put 2 1" in the 30 gallon, and wait until they are bigger and then put them all together in the 132gallon tank?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
A 132 is plenty of room for 5 rb's of that size. Just give the smaller guys a bunch of places that they can hide in case the 2.5" guys start picking on them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phtstrat said:
A 132 is plenty of room for 5 rb's of that size. Just give the smaller guys a bunch of places that they can hide in case the 2.5" guys start picking on them.
[snapback]884555[/snapback]​
Ok. But I'm not "launching" the 132 before 2-3 weeks. And then my 3rbp is even bigger then now. And then I can buy the 2 little 1" rbp. So, then they will be maybe 3 of the 3" and 2 of the 1". Still think they will be okay?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think they might be fine together, but a 30 gal isnt very big and might get crowded. Why not just wait until you get the big tank running if you can?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
acidWarp said:
I think they might be fine together, but a 30 gal isnt very big and might get crowded. Why not just wait until you get the big tank running if you can?
[snapback]884576[/snapback]​
That's what I intend to do. I thought maybe it would be risky for those little 1" with the other 3" in that. But it probably won't?

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
no it should be fine.
they will grow really quick anyways. that is a pretty big tank so they will have alot of room to run away and hide

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ok. I would go for bigger rbp's but there is none
In the shop where I buy my p's there are always only 1 - 1,5 inchers.
I think I'm gonna buy two more rbp and have 5 total in the 132 gallon.

Can't wait until I get it running

·
Slim Diggler
1,946 Posts
DepH said:

[snapback]884672[/snapback]​
Thats what Id do is just buy 2 more and put them in there. With enough hiding spots they will last and probably soetimes outgrow your others. I had one do that.
I also put a couple little 1/2 inchers in my tank with my big guys just to see if they would let them be and one lasted a month before he disapperead, So I learned not to try it again till I get way more coverage and hiding spots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slim said:
DepH said:

[snapback]884672[/snapback]​
Thats what Id do is just buy 2 more and put them in there. With enough hiding spots they will last and probably soetimes outgrow your others. I had one do that.
I also put a couple little 1/2 inchers in my tank with my big guys just to see if they would let them be and one lasted a month before he disapperead, So I learned not to try it again till I get way more coverage and hiding spots.
[snapback]884758[/snapback]​
So you mean that I should put like 3-4 more baby rbp's in with the other juvies in the 132 gallon?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts