Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i went to a fish shop -- any sporeans would know ---> the Sims Avenue fish shop selling oddballs ----- the shop keeper told me he has a Half-micropeltes SH which he says basically is a bastard offspring of a micropeltes and another species of snakehead!! saw the markings on the fish and it looks like a toman to me!! too bad no photography......
is this fella for real?? or is he pulling a fast one on me???
would a micropeltes breeed with say a striata and produce viable offspring???

sorry -- to clarify -- i used the term " toman" ---> it is the local name for micropeltes in south east asia

·
Registered
27 Posts
today i went to a fish shop -- any sporeans would know ---> the Sims Avenue fish shop selling oddballs ----- the shop keeper told me he has a Half-micropeltes SH which he says basically is a bastard offspring of a micropeltes and another species of snakehead!! saw the markings on the fish and it looks like a toman to me!! too bad no photography......
is this fella for real?? or is he pulling a fast one on me???
would a micropeltes breeed with say a striata and produce viable offspring???

sorry -- to clarify -- i used the term " toman" ---> it is the local name for micropeltes in south east asia
to date, i havent heard and saw any hybrid snakeheads before, only an albino micropeltes i've heard off, yeah, a pic would be good to clarify.

·
Registered
45 Posts
[/quote]
to date, i havent heard and saw any hybrid snakeheads before, [/quote]

Hi guys,

in Germany there are some reports on hybrids !
The first hybrids were gachua x orientalis.
Which is very interesting, cause there were Hybrids with two pelvic fins, some with no pelvic fins, and some with just one pelvic fin !!

And there are hybrids of gachua x obscura.
I talked to the "breeder" on phone.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.