Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how big can these two kind of elongs be distinguished? my elong is 6'' long. can it be identified at this size?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hmm. Im not sure what you are asking here but. You have a nice elong there. They call some of the elongs black mask elongs because of the black mask like coloration covers their eyes. If yours doesnt have that that means he isnt from a black mask variety that is collected from the dark waters. Even 3. inch Elongs can have black masks around their eyes. Mine is 7 inch and he has very distinctive black mask, I have seen some 4 inchers and they also had the black mask on them, some of them only has it on one side and other side might not have a amount of of black as the other.... What I know is Elongs are elongs ans they do not have two three different types of them. Ones that cought from clear waters does not have the black markings and ones that live in deep mirky waters do... I guess it all depends where they are form.....Some has red spots on their necks....They all all elongs of the same kind. Try purchasing black water.It might help...Ask Frank, he'll give you a much better answer than I could.

Here is mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts