Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 pygos a red, a caribe, and 2 terns in a 75, they are about 5 inches, there is a lot fighting lately and i just saw a fish with a nip so i need to seperate them, here is the ? i have 2 55 gallon tanks I can put them in but i need to know how long can a 5 incher live in a divided 55 gallon and with water changes etc will they grow up to 8 or 9 inches in such a space? the dimensions of the tank are 48inch by 12 by 18 divide in the middle. so about 24 incheslong by 12wide by 18high each...

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the suggestions, i wish i could get a bigger tank but the 75 was pushing it since i live in a second floor apt and already have 3 other smaller tanks...I just don't want them stressed out by getting chased, or something worse. do you think the 2 divided 55 gallon tanks would be ok for about 2 maybe 3 years till i have a bigger place with more space... i just don't want my fish to get stunted at 5 inches. again thanks for your suggestions...

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the suggestions, i wish i could get a bigger tank but the 75 was pushing it since i live in a second floor apt and already have 3 other smaller tanks...I just don't want them stressed out by getting chased, or something worse. do you think the 2 divided 55 gallon tanks would be ok for about 2 maybe 3 years till i have a bigger place with more space... i just don't want my fish to get stunted at 5 inches. again thanks for your suggestions...
not a chance in the world my freind, your better off leaving them in the 75...the fin nipping is natural...if u feel you dont like it...maybe swap em in for some goldfish or tetra's??
[/quote]

i understand but being that one is a red another a caribe and the other 2 terns wouldn't i have a higher chance of death or fatal bite if i keep leaving them in the same size tank maybe even if i kept only one of each? i will think about selling 1 tern maybe and keeping 1 of each 3 in a 75 i beleive is the best way to go i again just fear a fatal bite, it was hard to get these guys so i would like for them to stay alive. That is why my idea foe divided 55 gallon tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.