Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
Im sacred for your piranha too .................

and to answer your question ............No .....

· Registered
133 Posts
i have to agree ... the pacu will make a dang good meal for the P's ... and be sure to ahve a HUGE home for the pacus... mine have doubled at least in the 2 months or so i ahve had them and they were already about 6-8" when i got them ... was kinda hopeing that they would grow at a simular rate as the P's do at that size but thye are much faster growing .... might be too that the pacu's are getting high protien kitty food too like 2 hand fulls a day (the pacus are like 10-12" ling and 6+" tall and over 3/4" wide ) they dont leave any scraps no matter what foods they are getting tho ... thye ate 1/2 pound of those cocktail(popcorn) boiled shrimp last night and a hand full of kitty food and was begging for more... PIGS!!
Mickey

· OPEFE
9,941 Posts
In fact it should work as long you have enough room to keep them all...i've succesfully mixed Pacus and Ps many times in the past...
!

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have a 60 gal, i dont really think it will work the reason i was asking was because i first gave it to my gf and then her mom wants to get rid of it but my gf still wants it so i have to put em some where. i might put em in a 20 galfor now untill i find them a better home. that sucks because they are big and gonna be in a small tank i hope they dot die of stress?

· Registered
264 Posts
I have that exact setup. 2 Ps is dangerous cause they compete, but with that bigger tougher pacu they can't worry about competing over food, and in the future your ps will destroy it, and grow huge. This is what I know from my own experiences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.