Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i now need to get a camera so i can get some pics up but hardly no anything about cameras what kind of camera do you guys have i need help. grosse gurke those pics you took were awesome what did you just buy. are digital camcorders good for still pics!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
how much money are you willing to spend $?$?$
I have a digital cam, try to get one with good amount of optical and digital zoom if you can
... one of the cheapest digital cam's the HP 120 is not good for taking fish pictures so try to avoid that particular model if you can, it works great for everything else, but not good with close ups

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Make sure it has a decent zoom rate, and, very important, a macro setting to make close-up shots.

I have a 1.3 MPixel Sony digicam (DSC P20: just over 200 bucks), and although its a cheap and basic model, it takes reeally sharp and colorfull pictures. It can also shoot little mpg-movies, but the quality is pretty crappy...

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
if i purchase a digital cam i would buy a good one maybe spend 1500 -2000 if they can make good still pics.so i can also make some p's vids to. if i bought a digital camera i would spend i guess 500 maybe or what ever it cost to get some good pics that's what i don't no whats a minimum for both.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they sure are
thanks

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I wouldn't settle for anything under 3-4 mega pixels, if you do the pictures will look crappy. im useing a kodak 3.1 mega pixel and im still not satified.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The one I have is a Kodaz CX4230 with 2.0MP and 3X optical zoom .... it works great for me...
heres an example pic bellow

this fish has like 5 pellets shoved into its mouth

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I use my parents camera which is around 4 to 5 megapixels with 30 second to 120 second short movie clips. Its a canon. though 4 to 5 megapixels is unecessary for this forum as you can only post photos of a certain size which 5 megapixels far exceeds that limit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts