Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any info on this cichlid, photos? my lfs has babies and was thinking of getting a couple?

·
Registered
14,959 Posts

and the name is tough to spell right.

friedrichsthalii is the spelling you should search the net with.

...also, a 'couple' can be dangerous if you mean 2 or 3. One fish usually gets beaten to death depending on your tank size. An ideal group is 6. Again, tank size makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck!

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
This fish is in dire need of being re-named!

·
^word
4,324 Posts
This fish is in dire need of being re-named!
I know.:laugh: Along with that panda Uaru... fernandezperez.... ah f*ck it.

[/quote]

Ah, my moment to shine! I spent atleast twenty minutes studying this name so I could nail it one of these days :laugh: I believe its fernandezyepezi, I think there is a pleco under the same name, they are named after a pair of taxonomist (now thats a word that I don't think I have right :laugh: ) named Fernandez and Yepezi.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Way to shine.
I kinda wish scientists would avoid patronyms and just use descriptive words for fish (like macrostomus... large mouth...). But, whatchagonna do....

2,170 Posts
I owned one. Like ace said, it's just like any large guapote. It'll need alot of space and won't likely tolerate tankmates once it's mature.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
The loisellei I had was brutal at just 5 inches in length. They're almost frustrating, but definitely attractive fishes.

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Way to shine.
I kinda wish scientists would avoid patronyms and just use descriptive words for fish (like macrostomus... large mouth...). But, whatchagonna do....
Yeah I know what you mean, but I cannot say I blame them. If I spend half of my life trying to find a little tetra, I'm sure as hell naming it after me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts