Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
5,969 Posts
heres a thought:

do you guys/girls think that saddam is up to something REALLY bad?.....i mean just think about it.........

1. iraqi armed forces surrendering all over the place
2. saddam is nowhere to be found in baghdad
3. baghdad is pretty much empty

i mean if you add it all up, perhaps saddam has a surprise for our us/british forces as soon as they arrive in baghdad.....i'll give an example:

US/British forces march into baghdad, like Saddam expects them too. US intelligence says that Saddam has nuclear/bio/chem weapons but is nowhere to be found. Saddam has the entire city of baghdad boobie trapped into giant nuclear weapon. US/British forces march into baghdad, Saddam presses button and entire city goes up in mushroom cloud....Saddam gets last laugh

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
US/British forces march into baghdad, like Saddam expects them too. US intelligence says that Saddam has nuclear/bio/chem weapons but is nowhere to be found. Saddam has the entire city of baghdad boobie trapped into giant nuclear weapon. US/British forces march into baghdad, Saddam presses button and entire city goes up in mushroom cloud....Saddam gets last laugh
Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about also: pretty nasty scenario, but I'm affraid it's pretty much possible :sad: Let's just hope it won't get that far...

And also, I don't think Bagdad is nearly empty: many people may have left the city, but I really think there are at least 2 million people or so still there (and that would mean that 60% of the entire population already has left, which seems very high to me...)

Neo: of course genocide it on the "naughty list", but I believe that's one the least sincere/true reasons the US gave as a reason for attacking Iraq...... It's great pr to stress it all the time, but I think the Bush administration but have preferred an Iraq without Kurds altogether (not wiped of the face of the earth, of course, but that they would be living elsewhere): they are a hidden bomb that is very likely to explode when events unfold in Iraq. There are already five different parties involved in Northern Iraq (Kurds, Turks, Americans, Iraqi and Iran-orientated terrorist organisations), which make it a potential "war in a war"... And that's one of the things the US probably gave much thought about, but they simply can't control what will happen. And there are more items like this that the US can't control fully: and that makes it such a high risk war, with potentially far-reaching consequences not only for the direct region... And that's a thing the US can be held responsable for at least partly, because they are the ones who set the whole thing in motion by starting the war...
That's what's worrying me most (the unforseen consequences that may affect much more than just the people involved in the war), and what is one of the main reasons why I'm still not in favor of this war.

And I agree that the US, being the most powerful nation in the world, and indeed the last superpower on earth, has a lot of worldwide responsabilities, but that doesn't mean it has the right to disrespect and ignore international conventions, agreements and mandates... (I'm talking about [geo-]political as well as military topics here).
If that kind of behaviour and policy is acceptable, than the US is pretty much free to do whatever it pleases, whenever it pleases (and to me that's a pretty frightening idea)

·
Registered
996 Posts
It sux that civilians have to die, but Saddam has killed far more of his people then we have. He has repeatedly gone back on his word. I like how he said that he has no more scud missles, but he launched some last week...I wonder what will happen with the chem/bio weapons that he said he doesn't have.

Mark

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Iraq is now in clear breach of UN resolutions.

If it was merely a PR tactic they would conduct an air campaign like the last Gulf War. It is hyped up quite a bit because it is a noble cause, but it is one of their reasons, war is never a one-issue event.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.