Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Judazzz said:
Razorlips said:
The way I look at is that Saddam is the one responsible for those lives lost.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that: Bush and his close associates are the only ones to blame for every single dead civilian: they are the ones that warrant bombing, and should be hold responsable for the consequences (not that that will ever happen, unfortunately...)
No way. Saddam Hussein is liable for every single life lost. There would have been zero deaths if he gave up. But he chose to stay and fight. He has absolutely no problems letting the Iraqi people die, it wouldn't surprise me if many of the civilian deaths were caused by using them as "shields". If Bush is to blame for them, then we'll never have peace anywhere because doing the right thing is now wrong.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
winkyee said:
I think something had to be done about Saddam. However, would we be at this point now if Iraq's leading export was tobacco instead of oil?
Does that matter? No, because the point is something is being done about this maniac and it's long over due.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Well last time I checked genocide was on the naughty list. :smile:

I actually think the US is almost delegated the responsibility of handling issues like this. They truly are the only super power left with the fall of the Soviet Union, China's on their way up but that's a little unsettling. So it's kind of implied that they get involved. Yeah sure they rarely get involved when they don't have other interests, but that only makes sense doesn't it? Besides, it doesn't take a room full of geniuses to figure out how horrible Saddam and his posse are, it just would be nice if that room full of geniuses would figure that out.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Iraq is now in clear breach of UN resolutions.

If it was merely a PR tactic they would conduct an air campaign like the last Gulf War. It is hyped up quite a bit because it is a noble cause, but it is one of their reasons, war is never a one-issue event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.