Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
When buying piranhas online, one needs to take into consideration a few things of note!
If you are buying a wild caught fish that just landed and is heading to your place within a week's period from the dealer, do not expect to have a perfect specimen. The fish is probably slightly to moderately mal-nourished as exporters from South America intentionally or not, tend to not feed the fish before shipping so that they release less waste during transportation thus increasing survival rates. There will be other signs of the ill effects of transportation as well such as amonia burns, parasite infestation and etc. If you are unsure of the condition of the fish but still want to take the chance of getting it before it becomes fully healthy and acclimatize, then maybe you can get a pic of the fish from the dealer if possible before they ship so you can make your own judgement to the suitability and accepatable appearance of the fish before departure. It is best practice to pay for the fish and have it stay at the dealers for as long as possible until such time the fish is fully acclimatise and healthy enough to ship. These situations will in most cases produce the best results for both the dealer and the buyer and most importantly the fish. Of course the huge turnover and need for space by dealers may preclude such possibilities and the totally understandable eagarness of buyers to get their hands on much anticipated specimens do make the ideal situation problematic at best. One must in these circumstances tie their expectations of fish quality to the realities of the online fish business.

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,760 Posts
Very nice, Wayne...I'm seeing a pin coming!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
sweet man btw so if the fish was wild caught and went to a dealer then sold to u buy the dealer whenever u felt like buying a piranha isnt it the same as just getting it fresh from an importer??????????????

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yea thats true well i bought mine RB's before i knew this page and coupe of them were bitten by other fish,one had amonia burn ( which is healling huar hura hura ) but they are pretty ok ( i bought 2" and i got one 3" ihihi
)

WS

·
Registered
34 Posts
I must say after reading the topic I expected the worst from my shipment of Pirayas I got.

First I thought I was going to get bigger pirayas 3.5-4", but for the discounted price, I expected it to be 2.5 - 3".

The biggest one I got was 3" robust and healthy.
3 are 2" and mal-nourished as expected, and 1 @ 2" had a bad sunken eye.
I am very disapointed for what I got for the $$$.

Learn from my mistake.
Have someone inspect the fish before buying, if that is not possible, get pictures.
otherwise you'll be dispointed like me.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I must say after reading the topic I expected the worst from my shipment of Pirayas I got.

First I thought I was going to get bigger pirayas 3.5-4", but for the discounted price, I expected it to be 2.5 - 3".

The biggest one I got was 3" robust and healthy.
3 are 2" and mal-nourished as expected, and 1 @ 2" had a bad sunken eye.
I am very disapointed for what I got for the $$$.

Learn from my mistake.
Have someone inspect the fish before buying, if that is not possible, get pictures.
otherwise you'll be dispointed like me.
I was part of the group buy that got us those fish. Fact is, they were not in perfect condition at the time, but after one week of care they are almost flawless. They are growing like weeds and the fins are nearly totally grown back. One of mine was full of paricites, but one week later they are all gone. You know how harsh shipment can be... But let me ask you this, did any of yours die? I know mine are fine, I dont think the other guy in the group buy had lost any (I have seen them in person and they look great). I was told that I would be getting them at 2-3 inch. I got one at 2 one at 2.5. I am sorry if you herd something else.
Also, I really think we got a good deal on these fish. $40 bucks for a piraya? How much do you think they made on us?
Also, I paid for 4 Piraya, but the seller sent me only 2 because he didn't think the last 2 in his stock would make it. Instead he decided to hold onto them and not ship them. Now he is paying for shipping on the last 2 fed ex. That is directly impacting any money he made on this.
See I think we got hooked up. I will buy from the site sponcer again. If you would just spend ONE week and 10 bucks on prazipro you would have some unbelivable piraya.
I don't mean to bash you, I don't even know you. I am just trying to let you see that you didnt get ripped off. I wish you and your piraya the best.

Sorry to go off topic on this, I am just saying you got hooked up too.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
ya jeremiah he got fish exactly what i told exum 2"-3" and they were exact in the range, and healthy, so healthy he sold them after he got em...now if they werent healthy and so horrible how could he resell them, anyways this isnt the place for it sry GG but its funny how some people dont understand when you buy a WILD fish you dont get picture perfect, other 150 sold no one complained. ill be sending more out to the same buyer from the group order, thats how happy he is, same fish , same order.

please continue this in my forum if needed. this thread is highly beneficial to buyers.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
can shipping in any way affect the mental state of a fish? i got a sanchezi a couple years back and i'm pretty sure he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.