Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would recommend it for piranha's that are hard to find in your area. For me I ordered my rhom but ended up with an altuvei off the internet because anything other than a redbelly is extremely hard to come by here in Oregon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's nearly impossible to find Red Bellies over 4" here in Saskatchwan. Can you ship them across the border? How far away is too far away to order a couple 6"-8" reds?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't know how your customs are in Canada as far as packages are concerned. There may end up being a complication while its being checked and your package is not sent on time which is a big risk but luckily most online places guarantee live arrival. Sharkaquarium, Fishpost, and AquascapeOnline all have very good reputations I think so you can try them.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would guess around a day safely...some have lasted 2 days or so but I wouldn't trust anything longer than a day...I wouldn't even trust a day but I have to as i can't buy some of the piranhas I like locally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cypher, I just ordered six Red's off the net. They were here in less than 24hrs and in perfect health. I suggest that you look around for some private sellers before you go to Fishpost or any other fish store because they're generally alot cheaper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahh, that info is for my ears only dude. Just some guy I met on a chat forum. And besides, he sold me his entire outfit so he doesn't have any more for sale.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Belowater.com is based in canada and is a stand up guy. If you need to order other than reds he is highly reffered

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i got my piraya from fish post all the way to the uk .it arrived safe and well and was travelling for @ 30 hours .it landed in the south of the country and had 2 car journeys to get to my house 6 hours from the airport .the fish was immaculate and came round after @ 45 mins and was ready to add to my tank.
fishposts packaging is exellent i would recommend to anybody and will get fish again in sept 2 cariba
you will need to check with customs if going to canada from usa you may need a license possibly and a shipping agent once the fish have arrived.i would look into all this before looking for fish good luck
dixon

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm more than happy with the caribe i got from fishpost, via the UKpiranhacub. Like overbite said, the fish had like 30hrs+ in transit and arrived is good health. I would recommend it, especially if you can share the shipping etc. And if i had the space i'd get more. It's cheaper to ship fish from the US than it is to buy an equal specimen over here, crazy. Although different species are very hard to find.
Ta.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I definately suggest fishpost, shark aquarium, and belowwater. All are very reputable and have the best selection and quality of fish (damn sounds like a commercial) Other places are ok but i personally have not used others for the simple fact of being a big pain in the ass to get questions answered. And I really don't feel like I should have to chase a person down just for them to sell me a fish.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I have only had piranha's shipped once . it was a 11" rhombeus , a 1.5" rhombeus and a 1.5" spilo. they all arived in perfect condition.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts