Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so hopefully later on today im going to be getting my first tank. I decided to go with a 75g tank. Now my question is how many RBP's will I be able to keep in there? I don't plan on getting a bigger tank (not any time soon anyways) so I was just wondering what is the max i could keep in there with out it getting too cramped? I was thinking like 4-5? Also, for food, I have read on here goldfish are bad for your RBP's but the dude at the store told me I could use feeder goldfish as a daily diet? I even told him that I read somewhere goldfish weren't good for them but he just said "nope, I never heard that". So ya is there a diference between goldfish and feeder goldfish? Can I use feeder goldfish as a daily diet or should I not? Any other tips would be great!

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Well..pygo to start of 4-5 small would be good, but i recommend 3 pygo small-full grown in 75g with would perfect 3 for it...that is includeing your decoration without cramped.

Serra. I would go with a larg rhom, or anything other Serra. would be nice, but only keep one pertank. So i would go with pygo, actuall mix pygo or a group of caribe would be bad ass tank.

Diet go with smelt, frozen food, shrimp, scallop, pallets, etc...stay away from feeder. IMO

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can only keep 3 ps for life in a 75 gallon. And feeder goldfish and goldfish are the same thing and they have the same diseases. Feed your ps white fish. Shrimp,catfish.tilapia.salmon,tuna, etc.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would never feed my reds ANY feeders or goldfish or even any real live food at all i just rather not take a chance pf them being parasitic! and yes look up on cycling your tank before you put anything into it! Salmon is too fatty dude and the oils in the meat will leave an oil slick on the surface of your water but yes go with WHITE FLESH FISH! smelt, talapia, sole, squid and so on stay away from PINK FLESH like salmon, trout and orange roughy and also stay away maybe once in a while give it to them but make sure you take out what they dont eat right away if you ever do give them any ! RED FLESH FISH like mako, swordfish, marlin, tuna and shark they tend to leave a bad smell because of the blood and other juices in the meat and, as for MAMMALIAN and POULTRY meat it should only be like 2 or 3 % of their diet! Beef heart is a treat i give my little guys! anyway thats just my opinion im sure there are more people that can help you out too Welcome to Piranha-Fury man!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ya I know about the cycling. I have also read the nutrition guide. If I were to get 5, how long could I keep all 5 in there before I should move one out? What about 4?

2PiRaNhA~2FuRrY if that avatar is really you, your hot!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ya I know about the cycling. I have also read the nutrition guide. If I were to get 5, how long could I keep all 5 in there before I should move one out? What about 4?

6 months at longest then they start to fight cuz its crammed it also depends on how big they are when you get then i meant 6 months if there are just fry if they are bigger than that i wouldnt suggest it

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
hey man welcome to p-furry
about the p's id say go with like 5 babys. and like other ppl said if none die or get eaten after many months. remove the weakest 2 or even just remove 1. and try 4 at about 6" for awhile. Good luck with the tank. Dairy

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Well..pygo to start of 4-5 small would be good, but i recommend 3 pygo small-full grown in 75g with would perfect 3 for it...that is includeing your decoration without cramped.

Serra. I would go with a larg rhom, or anything other Serra. would be nice, but only keep one pertank. So i would go with pygo, actuall mix pygo or a group of caribe would be bad ass tank.

Diet go with smelt, frozen food, shrimp, scallop, pallets, etc...stay away from feeder. IMO
X2

some of the petshop guys advice feeders for you to buy some in their shop...tricksters

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts

hahaha 2P2F has puilled

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
2P2F's avatar reminds me of a nice girl I dated for a while...
How sweet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts