Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I want to start a new tank up with a Rhom... I have checked my local shops and haven't found one anywhere. I was thinking about getting one from Shark Aquarium online?? A 1.5-2" for $15.00 plus shipping. I know this is a fair price. But is this fish for sure gonna be a Rhom?? Can you tell if it is a rhom at that size for sure? Plus ordering them thru mail? Also I have a 20 Gallon tank I am planning on keeping him in until he is about 4-5 inches then getting something bigger. Is this ok? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah I have not heard any bad news about this site and they all have gaurentees where if its a wrong order of dead then you get another order with no charges

it would be fine in my opinion in that tank until reaches the size you say for sure. Have fun :smile:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Due to geographic problems, I cant order from George, but have heard nothing but great news about the guy. Not that you are, but I wouldn't question his integrity or quality of fish. Real stand up guy.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I got my tiny rhom from goerge at shark aquarium last weekend. cute little bugger. I think it was well worth the 15 bucks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow by the look of that pic the goldfish looked like was about to eat the baby rhom. LOL. Anyway in my opinion Shark Aquarium is the place to go for piranhas. I go their all the time and just can't get enough. If your ever in the the northeast I highly recommend you set some time aside to visit shark aquarium. They got this huge perune shark in the back that they are literally giving away.

·
Registered
668 Posts
nitrofish said:
I got my tiny rhom from goerge at shark aquarium last weekend. cute little bugger. I think it was well worth the 15 bucks
How much did it cost with the shipping and everything ?

·
Registered
891 Posts
again i must laugh, HAHAHA IM IN DRIVING DISTANCE OF SHARK AQUARIUM, im goin their tomorrow, anyway ill tell u how nice the selection looks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for letting me know it was good to order from shark aqua.... I set up a 15 gallon tank today to let it run for awhile and put a rhom in there for a while... Its footprints are 24 longx12 deepx12 tall... This should be good for about the first year. I would think. Thanks again!!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Blackdude said:
nitrofish said:
How much did it cost with the shipping and everything ?

quote;
Wow by the look of that pic the goldfish looked like was about to eat the baby rhom

you should have seen that goldfish the next day, not a pretty site, its tail was bitten off and it couldn't even swim, it just floated around in circles. I had to feed it to my reds.
for a 10" rhom a 1.5" gold spilo and a 1.5" rhom it costed $65 for shipping.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
The rhom you are buying will not get to be 4 inches or so for 3-4 years. I have my baby rhom in a 10 gallon for now and am going to put it in roughly 15 gallons in a divided 55g in a few weeks. Baby rhoms are hard to identify and sometimes get mixed up with medinai er spilo cf< so beware

·
Registered
211 Posts
hi, i was wondering did you get your baby rhom from shark aquarium yet, cause i was looking at there website and thinking of ordering 10 or so.

also i thought baby rhoms grow to 4" THEN slow down. So if i buy a 1.5"-2" how long will it be before it becomes 4-5"? this is important info for me because of a future mouse video <hint hint> With the red bellies, they went from dime size to 4" in like 3 months for me, so i was hoping the same with baby rhom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts