Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple weeks I've been searching for a new or newer used car to replace my non-emissions passing 91' Civic. I test drove the Kia Spectra and was thoroughly unimpressed.

I test drove a 99' Civic today and was VERY impressed but, the price was a little high at $14,998 minus $4100 for my trade in. What are you guys driving and how do you like it? Any suggestions? Thanks. :smile: (looking for 99' or newer)

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon!

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
wherever you get your car....be sure to get the VIN# I think it is...then goto www.carfax.com Be sure to check it out and drive safely.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
97 ford explorer xlt with a v8 engine it makes me feel safe and it is hella fun to drive

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Go with the honda, You can't beat their reliability. I drive a 02 4x4 silverado
And like it better than any other truck i had. fOrD or dOdGe

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah boy... Forgot to mention, I'm not a SUV fan.

My price range is 10 to 15 preferably.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Have you looked at jetta's? They are a good car. But a little overpriced on new ones.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Raptor said:
Have you looked at jetta's? They are a good car. But a little overpriced on new ones.
Yes I have, and yes they are.. I do like those but they don't rate all that well in consumer reports.

I have noticed however, the Toyota Celica rates veeeery well!

Might just get one of these

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my freakin' dreams!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Get an Alero! I have one. Get the top of the line one, its about 20 g us I think. Quite quick. I'm with you on the suv's too... booo. No speed...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The new Supercharged 2004 jeff gordon edition Monte Carlo SS... Completely bad ass. I have a 2001 and if you on a budget you should look for an 01 HS/SS, the one with the ground effects, fancy diamond cut wheels, leather, on star.. It has everything a.nd is super comfortable and much faster then you would think with 300 dollars of mods. an 01 should sell for around 17. Most people associate the ugly ass Ls with the upper models which you do not see around that often. I also purchase the ground effects kit which one the auto-parts kit of the year 2 years in a row. It is the best looking kit on the market still. I have seen one with 20 inch rims and this kit on that was just incredible... actually looked classy as 4opposed to these decked out hondas. My 2001 is faster then my freinds new 350 Z which is basically just an all outlooks uncomfortable piece of crap.. Just my .o2

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
well it isn't like I have modified it or anything I like the speed my suv can go I feel if I had bigger tires I can start to run over people, do you know how many accidents I could have been into if I wasn't such a careful driver like 12 people cut me off yesterday because oregonians can't make up their minds I know this for a fact but when you are driving you should know where the hell you are goin lol.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I currently drive a 1990 GMC Sierra Pickup Truck with a V8 5.7Liter, beastly ass motor, I like to have horse power. I am in the market for new cars as well, here are some cars I have driven that I like, Mazda Mazda 6, Evo, Lancers, 2001 and newer civics, Acura RSX. They all drive nicely. I am leaning towards an import as my buddy mike has a eclipse done identical to the one in the first fast and the furious, and he said he would give me a hand with my car, so I am leaning towards a powerful import with a v-tech. If I was to go with a truck, I would get the 2001 Chevy Extreme with the 4.6Liter V6 in it, the 5 speed in black with black leater interior. It is a freaking turck and will put you back in your seat.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The key thing is test driving... my first car was a 1999 eclipse spyder turbo. It was the an awesome car to have at the time, to bad i will never ever get some cheap import racer like that again. It is embarrasing taking girls out in a car that almost falls apart going over a bump. In high school it was cool.. cause thats what high school girls like though. If you are patient you could come across a really incredible car.. if you know what you are looking at. My freind waited and he was able to land a 1997 SLP Firehawk for 17,000 with 25,000 miles on it. This car typically sells for 38 thousand and stock will smoke any jokester wanting to race you that you will probably ever incounter. He has his completely hooked up and its one of the fastest cars on the road. Look for a firehawk, they are super rare, smooth as hell, and its a car that you would be seen in driving around in 30 years... unlike these cheesy imports that will be in scrap yards.

My SS has been everything i have wanted, but im getting ready to sell it to buy a vette when i graduate

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.