Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Innes...a vegetarian and gay. Next thing you know he'll tell us he's a republican!

Now you didn't really think this was my last post did you fishman2?

Fishman2 get off your knees. It gets Innes all worked up and then he won't shut the f*ck up!
:rockin: :rockin:

·
Registered
698 Posts
What are you laughing at? You was the star attaction, keeping thePACK occupied all night, with Razorlips sucking away (now you know the real meaning of the handle!). :laughlong: Videos of this show will be available soon, only $19.99 plus $4.99 shipping. Contact Xenon for advanced orders!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I thought his speech was awesome and I heard exactly what I wanted to hear. All you commie bastards on this site can eat it. your just mad this man has both houses of the Congress behind him and there is nothing you liberals can do about it.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think Bush is a simple- and narrow-minded bastard that should have paid more attention at school (would be very good for his vocabulary :D ). But that's just my opinion...

But at least your president doesn't look like a frickin' movie star, like mine does.

Well, movie star...... :laughlong: It's more like a grown-up version of Harry Potter...
And that's my president, sight

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Xenon,
I'm not against America, Americans or the American way of life or anything, but I simply don't like Bush. I think he's dangerous (note: not dangerous as in Bin Laden or Saddam), but I hardly think he understands what might be the consequences of starting a war in the Gulf region...
I fully understand what a hard time the Americans had after the 9/11 events, and I fully respect you wanting to get even with those responsable (and I know it's easy talking when something horrible like 9/11 didn't happen to my own country), but I don't agree with Bush's way of reasoning. The starting point of your judicial system is: "One is innocent until proven guilty". Why does this not apply to the Iraqi case: Bush, nor anyone from his administration can (or wants to) proof Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.

Again, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, or any American's for that matter, but I think you also have to respect many Europeans have a different opinion on this matter...

No hard feelings, though

Damn, I said to myself never to engage in political threads ever again after some heated debates on pfish, but I just can't resist...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I believe the we need to do something with Iraq. There is no question that the state of affairs in Iraq is deplorable. Women and children are tortured and nobody has the freedom all of us enjoy to speak their minds freely without the fear of retaliation by the government. And honestly, there is no government, there is only Saddam. Saddam tortures and murders anyone who opposes him or speaks out against him or his regime. This is clearly shown in the results of the Iraqi "election" where Saddam received 100.000000% of the vote. There was not a single vote cast against him. Besdies the way the country is run internally, Saddam is a threat to the world. Am I the only one who remembers a few years back when Saddam just decided to invade another country? Also, when the US kicked his ass out of Kuwaitt all he did was set fires to oil wells and cause a major environmental catastrophe. Saddam ran with his tail between his legs then, and complied with world demands to buy time. At the start of the gulf war it is well documented that he was very close to having nukes, and had plenty of chemical and biological weapons that he is more than willinig to use. He lost them in the gulf war and is building his weapons back up. Saddam has proven from his past actions that he will push and push and push until someone knoocks him down. Then he slowly starts rebuilding and resumes pushing. This time he has run his course and I am glad to see a president that is drawing a line and excepting no crap from him. You Europeans who bad mouth any US actions against Saddam didn't seem to mind us helping stopping another dictator that was bullying back in the 40's. These are just my thoughts.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I agree something has to be done about Iraq. Even though the US-government hasn't presented any proof yet, I too believe Saddam and his evil henchmen have something (probably even a lot of things) to hide... Also, his regime and treatment of its own civilians (just think of the usage of chemical weapons against the Kurds and other minorities) cannot be accepted. And I realise going through the UN and with the blessing of the European allies will take an aweful long time, but in my opinion it has to be done like that.
I mean, the US, no matter how much they're criticized, are some sort of a world wide role model to many countries, and that's exactly where the problem lies. When the US decides to attack Iraq unilaterally and without approval of the UN and their allies, who will ever again have the right to criticize another country when it decides to attack its neighbours? The US won't, that's for sure!
And another troubling aspect: no-one can predict how the other Arab countries and global terrorist orgnizations will react once an attack is started. It could, I repeat could have unimaginable consequences, even more because the attack will take place in an already very volatile region...

Just my 2 cents...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.