Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your Kung Fu is No Good Here...
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a DVD burner for Christmas that I just tried using to burn a video for the first time. After I burned the video and put it in the DVD player, the video was somewhat distorted on the screen, and the vidoe was constantly in and out of sync. Its a Sony burner that I have hooked up to my laptop, and I was burning a 250mb video I made with Windows Movie Maker onto it. Does anyone have any experience with this type of stuff, any idea why its not working out so well?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
like to copy a dvd to a burned disk .... download the program shrink and dycreptor (sp) ... run the movie in shrink if the movie doesnt work after shink ... run the movie file that shrink made of the movie you are burning tho dycreptor (sp)... ps its against the law well just re read you and i didnt anwser your question and i have no expert advice for that

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
This is what I use to burn dvd's. Linky. It works for a majority of movies out there except for the Sony arccos protected movies like Talladega Nights. But there are ways around the arccos too, but it's a bit more time consuming.

·
Your Kung Fu is No Good Here...
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Im not actually even trying to burn movies from a DVD though. I took video with a MiniDV video camera, captured it onto the computer, edited them with Windows Movie Maker and now I want to burn them out onto a DVD. I have a Sony DVD burner that came with Nero 7 Essentials software. Any idea why its not burning clear with that setup?

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
My old lady ran into this problem when she was using Windows Movie Maker. She found a cool walkthrough online that she uses now. I guess it's a known problem with Movie Maker. I'll ask here what the website was when she gets home.

I remember the fix had something to do with chaptering into smaller files.

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
Well my old lady couldn't find the exact thread that helped her but she did find the forums she used. She just said to make sure that when you make your chapters that they have to overlap a little. Anyway here the forums she used.
www.windowsmoviemakers.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts