Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Another Red that hit the tank glass...nothing to worry about...sometimes due to stress, sometimes due to aggressive behaviour (attacking trough glass)!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I feed my natts hikari cichilid gold pellets (the floating type) and i have a hang on the back filter. sometimes the pellts get pushed behind the return of the filter and my natts rack their chins pretty hard going for the pellets. i can here it from the other side of the room

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
All mentioned regarding stress, attacking (bumping) against glass and space are all factors. Nothing to stress about, in due time that bump will go away with propper caring!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Innes said:
yeah, it is caused by rubbing against the glass
Just like Innes said its from rubbing on the glass. But it will not go away unless the fish stops rubbing against the glass. It may even turn into a growth which you will cut off. Until then a bigger tank may not be the answer. Some Piranhas are aggressive and attack anything that moves. If thats the case the bump will never go away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys, I was about to post the exact same question. I have 3 reds in a 55, and one of them has repeatedly been getting those bumps on his chin. Today I noticed another one had one and became more concerned. The glass thing makes a lot of sense though...they sometimes go crazy when I walk by the tank and I can hear them hitting the glass. Thanks again.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
rts9364 said:
Thanks guys, I was about to post the exact same question. I have 3 reds in a 55, and one of them has repeatedly been getting those bumps on his chin. Today I noticed another one had one and became more concerned. The glass thing makes a lot of sense though...they sometimes go crazy when I walk by the tank and I can hear them hitting the glass. Thanks again.
welcome to p-fury
and its great that we already helped u out
if u have any ? just ask

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
rts9364 said:
Welcome to PFury

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.