Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me anything about this snakehead? I have 3 questions regarding this expensive fish.

1) How aggresive are they compare to the micropeltes ?

2) How big can they grow, will it grow as huge as micropeltes or larger ?

3) Are they always motionless or do they swim around actively like the redline ?

4) In order for the fish to be aggresive, should I keep just 1 or more doesn't matter ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need more infomation about this species, if anyone know. Is it more aggresive than the micropeltes and can eat huge feeder fish when they hit 1 feet plus ? Are they more voracious than the micropeltes, meaninig constantly hungry ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
all snakeheads eat alot and are pretty voracious..cobras are a very aggresive solitary fish. it will be able to eat feeders 1/3 and ++ its body lenght...and tear apart pretty much anything that hits the water...but shouldnt be bougght cuz they can eat big feeders...they take very large aquariums and alot of care...big waste of time and money if its just to see him eat...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How big can bullseye grow in captivity compare to micropeltes? Also how long does it take for a redline to mature from its striking red color juvenile to a dullish, pale shade of grey ? Is an adult micropeltes fiercer than a adult bullseye or both about the same ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have 2 micpeltes and 2 marulius.. i keep them in different aquarium.. i try to keep them together in 1 aquarium but my micropeltes were attack my marulius.. for me, micropeltes were more aggresive than marulius.. marulius just hiding and shy, not many movemont than micpeltes.. althougth my micropeltes were larger than marulius, my marulius feed more than micropeltes..

marulius also active in night but not for micpeltes.. marulius can grow longer than micropeltes but micropeltes still larger.. mayb micropeltes take half year to be adult.. when juvenile, micropeltes is more fierce than marulius.. adult? i don't know..

don't keep more than 1 marulius in your aquarium.. the stronger was attack the other one.. it's happen me, trust me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts