Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here have built there own canopy. That seems to be the most expensive part of setting up big Aquariums! I am looking for any information or experiance people may have had in building them, Which materials or techniques they used. I would like to build my own, also having it look nice and presentible too!
and also how to set up the lights and whatnot with it. Thanks all information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Check out the DIY section:

here

What size tank and what do you plan on keeping in it? I can help ya with the lights...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok nice looking canopy just wondering how the water evaporation on the wooden cover works out? wouldn't it get moldy and discolored!? Thanks though Very good link!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I thought the same thing. When I did my DIY canopy, I decided to coat the whole thing with a PLASTIC PAINT. It is only a few months old, but I still havent seen much moisture, let alone mold...

in short, there are for sure things that you can do in order to seal the wood, or other materials.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Use a paint that's waterproof or use regular paint and then coat it with polyurethane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts