Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
keep us posted on how this goes if you do build one, I want to build a 500 too but im scared of screwing it up.I want mine to be 8'x4'x24"

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
well i would say for 200g it wouldn't be worth it. i researched making a 240g tank and it was only like $100 more to buy one than to build it and i know if i bought it that it would be nuch nicer and i know it wouldn't bust all over my office. anyway thats just my 2 cents. that is unless you know someone who can get your glass/acrylic cheap then it would be worth your while.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hehe. When I get a new house this summer I am seriously considering building a huge integrated tank in the basement, if its laid out right. I know I'm nuts, but I want like a 800-1,000 gal in wall tank (would be SW) and a 200+ same style, FW. Have an L shaped room behind for maintenance and storage
I doubt I'll actually follow through on the 800+, but if the plumbing and everything is laid out nice in the house I get..............

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Yea i am builind my 500...
I am not dumb, and i build a lot of things in my life so far, and i think this should be easy. however many BAD things can happen and shouldnt be taken lightly.
becarefull, and remeber when building some thing like this, "Cheap" and "big fish tank" should never be in the same area.
be smart please for your sake, and your fish!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great info guys. This is starting to look more and more like a good idea. I'm starting to consider the L-shape so it will go in a corner. I'll keep you posted, but don't expect results too fast: I am in Law school with finals on the way. Keep the tips and links coming. Peace.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
yup yup.
It is a good idea, cheeper to.
Remeber call around all over and get good pricing, i called over 40 places to find the price i liked, and turned out bet deal not just price was in my home town, what a shocker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts