Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Just Wondering how to seal the wood and glass and Pretty much i need to know everything i can i have no experiance at all at this! But just would like to know the best way to go about it! I also noticed that there is nothing in the DIY Section either. maybe this would be a good project for someone who actually knows what they are at!
Thanks I will
the person who can help me!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok, first you have to coat the plywood with something called an epoxy resin. The larger the sheet the longer it'll take to dry and set up, once it's set up though the wood won't take up water anymore. You can buy buckets of this stuff at Lowes or Homedepot, make sure you get a good 1/8"-1/4" layer on there, (this may take multiple coatings) especially on the standard 4' x 8' piece of plywood. To seal the corners I've found its best to take a special silicone plumbing glue and goop it on faily thoroughly and then set a corner metal brace into it (forming a corner and leaving the brace in permanently. You'll have to use clamps to hold everything in place while the silicone stuff is drying. You can also use hotglue to fill tiny places you missed in the water testing phase after you build the tank. Anyhow, good luck, this should be enough to get you started.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Would appreciate it if someone could tell me some specific directions on how to go about starting the build!
Thanks for the answers so far i just would like some more details before i think about starting!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to ask you- Do you think you can keep a log of prices for all the parts you use to build it? I have been contemplating this for some time now but I have no idea what it would cost. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts