Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
water change gone wrong, i was doing a water change and i acciently smacked my rhom and he started slipping out splahin water everywhere. So he kinda jumped up and smacked my thermometer and it broke. There most likely some broken glass in the tank and those metal balls.

Below the black line was where the breakage happened.
View attachment 128863

most of the metal balls feel out not sure what those are anyways. The actual thermometer did not break. (refer to pic 2).
(it looked like this...)
View attachment 128864
safe or...?

This happened yesterday and hes still alive so i guess thats good, just checking.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I'm not sure if they are 'safe' or not, but the same thing happened when I had my oscars in my 130 gallon. I just picked out the glass and left those little metal balls in there until next tank maintenance when I sucked them out.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id liek to find out to. I guess the only toxic thing is the mercury in the thermometer inside of the 'casing'. lucky for me that ddint break.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
its fine. Modern thermomiters do not use mercury if that is what you're worried about. however the stuff that is in them is a little alcohol. so you might want to do a good waterchange. altho the amount isnt really a significant amoun't.

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
during the time when it broke i was in the middle of a 10 percent water change and right as i was about to top the buckte off it happened so i ddi 20% more. so i guess its fine now.

feel free to
this sh*t up

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
just like queen (the band) no more mercury........all gone!!!!!!!!

safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.