Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Vertebrate Organism Fin Fish
My Piranha can't close its mouth. LFS said it might be a brocken jaw. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen it before. Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Does he still eat?

·
5,336 Posts
or maybe dislocated jaw? i would net him and take him out, see if you can set it, but watch the fingers....

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Well I hate to say it, but skunk is probably right. I would try to shut it with my hands, hopefully it wont add too much more pain. But it's very possible that it's dislocated from swimming hard against the side or something. Just be careful

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
definatly poor fish....doesnt eat what so ever...poor fella...yah man, try taking him out and closing his jaw by hand...definatly watch your hands....and if you do succeed in closing his jaw, try maybe tossing him in a hospital tank, and see how he does for a few days

·
Registered
545 Posts
here is a simular thread
I think they took him out of the tank and found part of a fake plant wedged in his mouth.

click here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help.

I caught him and couldn't see anything in his mouth. I could close his mouth easily.

He eats scraps that the other piranha leave behind. He does have some movement

in his jaw now and does try to eat the food I give them. Not sure how much he can

bite off himself, but he is improving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts