Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reds range from 4-6" and since I put them in their new 120g a few of them are very dark. I did change to a black background and black gravel. Are they in breed mode or just happy with their new surroundings? Also one of my filters I used was from a previous tank and I noticed a lot of grayish white buildup on it. I thought it may be from the PH leveler I put in there because there is a small film on my plants and gravel. I also used salt for the first time yesterday. Just want to make sure it isn't harmful.

-Kevin-

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hard to tell. Why are you putting salt? If your getting a film on your plants sounds like a fungus starting to ignite in there. You never want to add salt in an aquarium with live plants (sorry salt users). I hope you diluted the salt first before adding to tank. If you directly added salt you can burn your fish and especially live plants.

If your p's are getting into mate mode, starting doing water changes NOW! take out about 20-30% every other day.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added salt to my media container to help with some of the nips that have occurred. I only added 1 tsp. per 10 gallons so it wouldn't effect my plants. I haven't noticed any digging but I will look closer today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.