Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hey guys

Here is a video of some breeding behavior with a bit of mild spawning.They really like to do it while not being filmed and save the real hot and heavey stuff untill the lights are out.Here is a sample though.
P.S
The red(female Twitch), that attacks the other red(female named Mertle) is spawning with Cujo(male).
/\ you can figure it out!!!
enjoy! and

View attachment Breeding_Behavior.wmv

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow great video, is that ur 1st breeding pair?
Yes,my first pair.Thanks I'm glad you liked it.I will eventually get some hard core stuff on video.while I was recording the timer switched the light off and put an end to the video.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
great vid. now I know what to look for.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
nice vid fry , does the female spawn with the other red in the tank too? hes in breeding colours right? how many reds u lost to the breeding ones?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thankx
yep there is 4 reds(2 pairs)in this tank.
They are always dark now.best color they get is a hint of copper on their bellys.
I have lost 1rbp and 1pleco during their nesting.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
great video thanx for info (visual)

·
DYNOMITE!
6,672 Posts
Nice vid, I didn't know P's like 80's music so much.. I guess that is a secret to get them in the mood??

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feed back Im glad you guys enjoyed the video.I stuffed a giant chunk of driftwood in my tank.Maybe the tank wont be so sexy for a while now.Pete was getting so agressive with the batch of eggs he was guarding that was laid about 3 days ago.I had to change the tank.He was going to kill the other p's in there.He would even attack me when I walked by the tank.
here is the pic of new set-up.

View attachment 118341

·
EverY Dog Has His Day
5,059 Posts
NIce video, lol music too

·
Registered
196 Posts
That was an amazing video, nice!

·
4,364 Posts
Here is the video xenon, if you want to post it in the breeding video section in downloads. Great vid!!

·
4,364 Posts
Here is the video xenon, if you want to post it in the breeding video section in downloads. Great vid!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts