Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has wondering if anybody has a brandti? I'm interested in how they are. How big they get. I would like to get one but I only have 29g right now and I could upgrade to a 45 in 2 months. Would this work?

·
Texas Justice
2,016 Posts
also there are brandtii available now on some of the other boards. sometimes they can be hard to get. now might be a good time to get one, or more.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
i dont agree with that tank size... to begin with Nate had even said himself at one point "would you put a ferrari in a tiny garrage?" For the price your going to pay for one you better give him a 75. A 40 breeder would be good for awhile. Best way to get them is from old owners on the boards that have to downsize for whatever reason. It is believed that they grow to an average of 10 inches. My website has any other info you need on them.brandtii

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Do you think i should change that... I was trying to portray some sort of family ties,... although im not really sure anymore. Didnt OPEFE say somewhere that serrsalmus have adapted to look like other piranhas but came from a different evolutionary background? i dont know what im talking about
:rasp:

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
If you want the brandtii you need to go through ron, i dont think anyone else has them available except for a few private sellers. Depending on how many he had, I would get three to increase the odds of getting a male. The males are insane. My female is now taking down around 25 feeders a day and is now constantly patroling the tank.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
yes those are recomended minimum tanks sizes

those arent the size tank I would use though, perhaps I should add the size tank I would use also

in this case you can use a 29 until the fish gets toaround 6" then you may want to get something like a 55g or 75g, I personally use as big of tank as possible, I have a 6"-7" Elongatus in a 75g by himself, it looks sorta rediculous but he enjoys the extra room when stalking his prey

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I would probably go with a 40 breeder over the 55 in the case of a aggressive glass attacking P like a brandtii, without that sort of width he will almost definately develope a chin calous and yes you could keep him in there untill the 6-7 inche mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.