Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been one week today that my brandti has been in with the pygos. So far so good. No fish has established any territory in the tank yet and the same goes for the brandti. They all just hang out together and slowly swim laps around the tank agasinst the current. No fin nips on either the pygos or the brandti but a bunch of lip- nips on the pygos from the intense feeding frenzies. Heres a few pics.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
The Brandti looks great, The Pygo's are looking great. that tank looks great....

........This makes me so jealous

Just kidding
That tank is just awesome and your Brandti is looking good and healthy

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
great ill hope it will work out okay then !!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I know it's not gonna stay this peacefull forever. None of these fish have established any territory yet. They haven't really even shown any sign of dominance yet. Some of the smaller pygos wag around once and a while but I'm still waiting for the big tern and the big cariba to decide whos dominant. I think when the water quality reaches the point where it should be there's gonna be some battles. Hopefully the fights won't be too bad because they have so much room to retreat. Thats what I'm hoping for at least. Thats the time I have my biggest concerns with the brandti. He's gonna stake out some territory too and whatever pygos retreat from fight on to his turf...Theres gonna be some nippin. If we can get through the initial fight stage and the fish have good chemistry I think I can start to feel a little more comfortable. I will definately keep you posted. I'm sure someone must have tried this before with a brandti and pygos. Anyone know of anyone? I'm curious to see how it worked out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Love that tank

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I've seen a Geryi with big pygos before, worked out. The pygos were about 12inches and the Geryi was 9+, he'd just have his area and if anyone got to close, would just chase them out. Never any nips or bites though. Also the tank was only 200+ gallons.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts