Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys do u have to keep Brandti Piranha by themselves or can you keep in a group of 3 they r more aggressive than RBPs right

and are they harder to keep?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Blah.

All serrasalmus piranhas must be ALONE except for Geryi, Macs, and sometimes Spilos.

It might be more aggressive, it might not. It's always a gamble with piranhas.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i have a brand with my 9 pygo's and he is by FAR the most aggressive in the tank and he is also smaller than 4 or 5 of them. if you do decide to mix them i would advise a tank well over 100 g. I wish i had a bigger tank.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Brandti are generally solitary ps unless you have a large tank. Stick has a 750 or so and one of his forty some piranhas is a brandti and I think he is still kickin it

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigChuckP said:
Brandti are generally solitary ps unless you have a large tank. Stick has a 750 or so and one of his forty some piranhas is a brandti and I think he is still kickin it
[snapback]953630[/snapback]​
sweet are there ne pics of that 750 gallon????????

·
Registered
911 Posts
Brandtii - one of the most agressive Piranha? Not always the case. I own a 7inch Rhom that has got to be the most aggressive piranha I have ever experienced. It will attack and devour just about anything that enters the tank. My brother on the other hand, owns a 4 inch Brandtii that has been living quite happily with a 1 inch goldfish for the past month. The Brandtii will agressively attack white bait and chicken hearts, buts shows absolutely no agression towards any kind of live feeder, even if you starve him for 3 or 4 days.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
It is considered one of the most aggressive ps but each p is different. You might get a total wuss brandti and a killer of a red that cant live with anything else. It depends on each individual piranha.

For pics of the 750 check the posts of Stick or just his gallery and you will see the greatness that he has created. There are pics all the way from when the tank was unfilled to now, and now it looks stupendous! Check it out

·
Registered
911 Posts
BigChuckP said:
It is considered one of the most aggressive ps but each p is different. You might get a total wuss brandti and a killer of a red that cant live with anything else. It depends on each individual piranha.

For pics of the 750 check the posts of Stick or just his gallery and you will see the greatness that he has created. There are pics all the way from when the tank was unfilled to now, and now it looks stupendous! Check it out
[snapback]954949[/snapback]​
Your absolutely right when it comes to every P being different with regard to being agressive, it just bores me to keep hearing how aggressive Brantii's are when I know my brother's Brantii is a total softy.

Thanks for that recommendation of checking out Sticks set. He's got a blinding set up. Cheers mate.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
The reason it doesn't work isn't because brandti or other serra are "more aggressive" it's because all serras eat fins as their primary diet. Whether it's a brandti that appears aggressive or not, it WILL eat the fins of the other fish, and eventually the other fish will either attack them in return or the other fish will suffer an injury to the body from fin nipping. Once a piranha gets injured, it's not long before his tankmates eat it.

So aggressive or not, it still isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
werdna said:
ok so pputtin them in the same tank aint a good idea
[snapback]957321[/snapback]​

In the pictures forum there is a post about Cohabitation of serras, check it out to "see" why you should not do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts