Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanna start by saying that i love this website and it's nice to know there are some sick and twisted people just like myself.

Question, Ive got a 100g with 7 reds 5 exondons 1 crayfish and 2 red clawed crabs. i recently experimented by introducing a 2.5 inch branditi which is smaller than 75% of my p's and at fisrt everything was allright, once the brand got comfortable he basically took over a 40-50 gallon territory (half the damn tank). My question is if I were to take the branditi out and add a pirayha, would i have the same territorial problems with the pirayha.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, my black rhom Never eats in front of me, ill throw a feeder goldfish in there with him and he woln't even move. once i go to take a piss, ill come back to see the goldfish mutalated beyond comprehension. Is there any thing i can do to make this guy eat in front of me, or anything i can do to mimmic his natural environment? Ive had him for 5 months and only saw him eat once.

100g-7red bellies,1 S. Branditi, 5 exondons, 1 crayfish, and 2 red clawed crabs (bogwood,live plants, and sandstone)

30g-5inch Black Rhom (tony montana) (few live plants, driftwood, dim lighting)

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
let me start off by saying welcome to the site...

but theres a little problem you might consider taking into consideration...your brandtii cant live with your RB'sboth are a different kind of genus...and there will soon be a catastrophy

thats why your brandtii is being territorial

id suggest putting him in a seperate tank

·
Registered
251 Posts
NT, I'm happy that you have added in most cases, rather than make it seem like it'd NEVER work as some people have a tendency to do, theres a serr. collecter from NO LINKS ALLOWED.com, who keeps a shoal of branditi, he even informed me that there has been ONE maybe more... cases in which a rhom was kept in a cohab, and breed unfortunately half of the fish ended up getting killed, but just goes to show that it is somewhat possible.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
yes,in most cases you can keep a shoal of serra...just think of spilos and geryis.....in pet stores you will see a tank full of serras

but i dont think you should keep your brandtii with your pygos

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually things are working out pretty good between the reds and the brand. sometimes he will stick to himself but than there are times where he swims right along side the reds. So far so good

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When he gets bigger i wouldn't be surprized if he takes over more of the tank. There is a member here that has a 750 gallon with around 20 pygos and one 7 in brandtii. The brandtii controls around 160 gallons i think and has already beaten up a few pygos badly. Most of his fish are 10in+. He has even talked about moving him to a different tank. They have lived together for over a month now i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts