Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably isnt the correct forum, but this is the only forum discussing water. Anyways, i was just wondering how to make water brackish? I know you need salt, but what kind? And how much?

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
r0d1mus said:
This probably isnt the correct forum, but this is the only forum discussing water. Anyways, i was just wondering how to make water brackish? I know you need salt, but what kind? And how much?
actually i believe you posted in the right forum even though it's not directly related to piranhas. i would say use uniodized salt and put in 1tbs per 10 gallons. i believe that should be adaquately brakish.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Use marine salt, the same kind used for SW aquariums.
actually i believe you posted in the right forum even though it's not directly related to piranhas. i would say use uniodized salt and put in 1tbs per 10 gallons. i believe that should be adaquately brakish.
You cant really say how much salt you need because it depends on the species of fish you are keeping. SOme like very low salt amount like figure 8 puffers, knight gobies, and glassfish. Some like high salinties like scats and archers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts