Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working out on a consistant basis now for about 2 months now and I'm looking for a extra boost. I've been seeing alot about PUMP TECH, NO2,and TRAC and I'm just wanting to see what has worked for others. And THERMOGAIN too, it doesn't have nitric oxide but i've heard CRAZY sh*t about that.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
crazy sh*t?...does it have affedra in it...if it does dont take it...ne thing that speeds up ur heart i think is bad....but im not sure...

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
don't waste your money, it's all hype

·
Look into my eyes!
7,562 Posts
Just lift harder and eat protein. Supplements are for Lazy people.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
K fizzly said:
crazy sh*t?...does it have affedra in it...if it does dont take it...ne thing that speeds up ur heart i think is bad....but im not sure...
[snapback]910006[/snapback]​
first of all, it's EPHEDRA

second of all, Nitric Oxide has nothing to do with EPHEDRA whatsoever

third of all, EPHEDRA can be very beneficial if used in moderation

fourth of all, please stop talking about things you have no clue about

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I am pretty wary to supplements containing Ephedra after a good friend of mine experienced serious kidney problems from it. I lift almost every day, and I would just say to go natural man.

If you are looking for strength I would suggest workouts of four exercises per muscle group (say biceps). Three sets of each exercise. Each set with 8-12 reps. If you can do 12 reps in a set, next set go up in weight, but if you cannot do 8 reps, drop weight. I have found this is the best way to safely gain good strength without injury.

If you are looking for size (which is dumb in my opinion) but a good amount of folks are in it for the ladies... Anyway, lift only 3 exercises for each muscle group. Each exercise broken into 3 or four sets, Each set consisting of 2-6 reps. This requires much heavier weight setups. Just like lifting for strength, you move up if you can do more than 6 reps, but drop weight if you can't do 2. This method works very well in my opinion for gaining muscle mass, but it really doesn't make you much stronger. Seemingly larger muscle, though clumsier and with no flexibility or endurance.

Supplements are a easy way out, and in my opinion bettering yourself physically should be a painful process, only worthy of the people who care to make themselves better.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
I am pretty wary to supplements containing Ephedra after a good friend of mine experienced serious kidney problems from it. I lift almost every day, and I would just say to go natural man
NO doesn't contain ephedra, once again.. also, when you say natural it usually means "steroid-free"

Supplements are a easy way out, and in my opinion bettering yourself physically should be a painful process, only worthy of the people who care to make themselves better.
[snapback]910046[/snapback]​
LOL.. supplements won't make you or break you, and there is no freaking way they are an "easy way out", supplements will assist you somewhat - but you still have to bust your ass in the gym and at the kitchen 6 times a day if you want to see results. There is no such thing as a magic supplement, that's an "easy way out". Even with illegal substances, like anabolic steroids, you still have to bust your ass

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Jewelz, I never said you didn't have to bust your ass. And ephedra can cause kidney problems, and heart problems leading to death, why would you risk that?

Of course I meant steroid free when I said natural.

I have friends that go completely supplement free, and those that take everything legal on the market.

The difference is staggering! The guys taking supplements have gained untold amounts of mass and some pretty significant strength gains over those of us that work out naturally. I know people who stop taking all the supplements and the mass/strength begins to unwind and reverse itself. No matter how hard they work out they are smaller.

Hm, sounds just like steroids. It is an un-natural way to bring strength to your body. If, when you stop taking it, your body loses much of that edge, then it cannot be good for youl.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
if your keeping it natural and are just looking for a little energy boost, grab some hydrosluts (hydroxycuts), what ever you take "grab some st johns wort"
trust me

·
Look into my eyes!
7,562 Posts
SirOneEighty, I don't agree with you on the strength arguement. I wouldn't go to 12 reps if you are going for strength over mass, maybe 8 at the max. Lower reps + heavier weights = more strength.

Just keep eating if you want to get bigger, a good amount of it should be protein.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
as far as reps and sets i have to agree with sironeseventythree keep it between 8 and 12 reps per set, if you find your self banging out 4 sets of 12 at ease, throw on some more weight.. log your chit, always improving.
p.s allow your self 60 seconds rest in between sets on larger muscles and 30 seconds rest on smaller ones

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Stength lifting really needs for be between 8-12 reps per set 94NDTA lower reps dont = more strength. Higher reps = more strength in reality. You use heavier weight to expediate the process. And to gain mass.

·
Look into my eyes!
7,562 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
Stength lifting really needs for be between 8-12 reps per set 94NDTA lower reps dont = more strength. Higher reps = more strength in reality. You use heavier weight to expediate the process. And to gain mass.
[snapback]910116[/snapback]​
No.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
94NDTA said:
SirOneEighty said:
[snapback]910116[/snapback]​
No.
[snapback]910119[/snapback]​
yeah you can bang out 4 to 5 sets of 4 reps of your maX
you can also go piss in the wind or try picking up chicks at a gay bar.. its kind of like humping your sister then braggin that your getting some.

·
Look into my eyes!
7,562 Posts
Why are you being a jerk?

4-6 is for strength 7-12 is for size and 13-20 is for endurance....end of story.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
94NDTA said:
Why are you being a jerk?

4-6 is for strength 7-12 is for size and 13-20 is for endurance....end of story.

[snapback]910147[/snapback]​
not trying to piss in your corn flakes, too each his own i guess

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
94NDTA, one of my very good friends that I work out with every day is a lisenced personal trainer. Soon to also be a physical therapist. He knows his stuff. Lower reps=Mass. That is just how it is. 7-12 is for STRENGTH. I know that you probably learned it one way, and if it was a matter of opinion I would leave you alone. Fact states 7-12=strength man.

·
Look into my eyes!
7,562 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
94NDTA, one of my very good friends that I work out with every day is a lisenced personal trainer. Soon to also be a physical therapist. He knows his stuff. Lower reps=Mass. That is just how it is. 7-12 is for STRENGTH. I know that you probably learned it one way, and if it was a matter of opinion I would leave you alone. Fact states 7-12=strength man.
[snapback]910152[/snapback]​
Tell him I said he's wrong, and all his training and years of schooling are bunk

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
only time ill only hit for 1 to 4 is when maxing out, which is not training at all, but for bragging rights.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts