Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's probably very high risk in doing this, but I was just wondering if anyone had tried feeding Ps bluegill, smallmouth bass, or anything else you could fish for in a pond or channel? I didn't know if for example bluegill fins would pose any certain threat?

And another question, I have 4 6-7" RBPs.. I've ALWAYS made sure that the feeders I bought for them were smaller than them, but if I threw in a feeder their size or larger, would they attack and eat that, or is there a chance they would go after each other first? I guess I'm just paranoid. Can piranhas "sense" a fish that isn't their own kind? And if they can, are they more likely to look at that as food over each other?

Thanks,

DZ-5

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i have fed my rhom several sunfish that i caught from the lake...there is always risk
look at the picture and video section...there are posts of this nature (including mine)

the size of the feeder that you throw in is probably completely irrelevant for the size that your piranha are now. any feeder u throw in now will most definently induce a frenzy and they will tear the feeder to pieces...check out the pictures and video section to view vidoes of this nature as well...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have fed all 3 of my piranha species bluegills and have had no problems. They just tear it up like they do any feeders. Keep an eye out for parasites though!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, I know. Just yesterday I caught a sunfish that had this nasty looking worm attached to its pectoral fin. I tossed it back into the lake.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
yeah the lake i go for has alot of blugill and what not but i fed my p's trout and trout guts they loved it when i get my 180 i may use bluegil to help cycle tank

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
thoroughbred said:
yeah the lake i go for has alot of blugill and what not but i fed my p's trout and trout guts they loved it when i get my 180 i may use bluegil to help cycle tank
yea, good thinking.

i think ill toss in some sunfish to help cycle it. Also, i plan on adding a lot of the water to my 150 from my other tanks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a good sized bluegill in my new 25g to help cycle it. I also have goldfish feeders in there that the sunfish keeps eating. It is about halfway through the cycle.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
JesseD said:
thoroughbred said:
yea, good thinking.

i think ill toss in some sunfish to help cycle it. Also, i plan on adding a lot of the water to my 150 from my other tanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts