Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

now that i have figured out that i like to feed the guys some fish what am i sapposed to do about the blood and guts that float in the water how much can i feed before i have to do a water change?

come on someone give me something good here.

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Any food that is left over in the tank after feeding should be promptly removed from the tank to ensure good parameters. Decaying food can lead to spikes in amonia and will harm your Ps.

As far as water changes 25% every week usually works fine. Some people do more some less. It depends allot on the amount of Ps and the size of tank you have.

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Filo said:
use a your net to sweep up as much as you can. I would also do a water change after that.
[snapback]873097[/snapback]​
So you are recomending a daily water change after each feeding? Sounds like allot of work.

· Registered
10,778 Posts
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
So you are recomending a daily water change after each feeding? Sounds like allot of work.

[snapback]874050[/snapback]​
if its as bad as he is decribing--yes. The blood has bacteria that can muck water parameters. try feeding something less messy if you dont want to do a water change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.