Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will there be any smell if I leave my dead piranha body soaked in bleach over an extended period of time?

Im planning on keeping the skeleton.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Will there be any smell if I leave my dead piranha body soaked in bleach over an extended period of time?

Im planning on keeping the skeleton.
shouldnt be....bleach and boil...the boil would help to remove lots of the skin, and weaken it up...i figure the bleach should take the smell or anything else that has maybe carried over....theres a pinned thread about piranha mummification....pretty good read if u ask me

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
Reminds me of an old dead milkmen song.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
never bleached a piranha before..but I don't think it will smell bad...

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
instead of bleaching, just boil it...boil will loosen the skin enough so that you can peel it...maybe bleach it after to whiten up the bones

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i have heard of bleach eating the bone....i would deff. look into it a little more first. maybe a 80/20 bleach to water

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
and i'm pretty sure that if you just boil it, it will smell like sh*t. gl let us know how it goes.
why do you figure that tho, well maybe because it would be like cooking it...hmmm not sure how smelly it would be but giver a shot...check up on that bleach too as mentioned

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I boiled my 11" tern when it passed. I only boiled it for a short time on medium and it fell apart. I would boil it on low to loosen up the meat and then bleach it. And it did make my apartment smell bad for awhile. All I salvaged was the lower jaw which is jointed, I used super glue to hold it together. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts