Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the two? I cant seem to get any diamonds from my LFS so they say that they can get a Black rhom, but is there a real big difference between the two. Are their personalities the same, generally.

Some pictures showing the difference would be nice. Does anyone have just a simple Black Rhom. I look at the pics on AS and the Diamonds look much better, but will the normal Black Rhom look just as good and can he be as aggressive as the Diamond?

Sorry about all the ranting, but I really really want to buy a serra and Im having a hard time deciding. So here's my choices?

Brandti
Black Rhom
Eigenmanni

Which would you choose? They are all about the same size and price. I believe they are $40 or less from my lfs.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
There are no personality characteristics based on whether its a rhom or brandtii. Your best bet is to get the fish that you like to look at. That is the only thing you can guarantee wont change, at least not if it is full size. You can attempt to pick a fish based on displayed aggression at the store, but even that can change once you get it home.

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
its all looks when comparing the two... yes a rhom is a rhom, BUT a diamond has diamonds(sparkle) and a reg will turn more of a solid grey/black and have very little sparkle if any--- at 40$ im sure they are very young... not gonna be able to tell at a small size-

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So a rhom and a diamond rhom are both the same shape, just one has sparkles. Is this correct? I just love the shape of rhoms and I want one, but I was afraid that a plain black rhom wouldnt be the same shape as the diamond rhom.

Are they called diamond due to the fact that they sparkle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.