Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think this can work a black rhom with some silver dollars in a pretty planted tank?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just said that cause i was thinking the dollars can hide in the plants, but ok then never mind

thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I think it depends man, the fish store keeper said I couldn't keep a colony of guppies in with my piranhas, but I had such freaky cover and a wall of bubbles that the piranhas don't like to cross along with random bottles/branches for the guppies to hide in and they are repopulating slightly below the "lunch" rate

·
Registered
545 Posts
For some reason everyone is against cohabs, I think alot of cohabs can be done just the right conditions have to be there !

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
The only correct answer here is no.
Altho there are circumstances where a temp cohab cabn be acheived given a little hunger any fish will become P food.
And this is compounded even more so by the fact that the P you are considering for a cohab is a Rhom. Rhoms are intollerant of fish of even their own kind. that rules out all others for potential tankmates.

For some reason everyone is against cohabs, I think alot of cohabs can be done just the right conditions have to be there !
reason being is all cohabs have or will end in the death of one or all of the fish involved.
sure given the conditions.. If you are able to recreate the amazon in your living room and provide thousands of gallons of water I'm sure you could keep a few diff fish in there. Given that the rhom dosen't run into the other fish or is supremely well fed and you restock the fish that get picked off thru natural breeding. sure you can call that a succesfull cohab.

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
just said that cause i was thinking the dollars can hide in the plants, but ok then never mind

thanks
Not a very nice life for the dollers...

Id just stick with your rhom

Spend the cash you would have wasted on the silver dollers on a c02 activator to get some really good plany growth :nod:

Good luck with it

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
Rhoms can have other fish with them...if he has a giant rhom its not gonna go chasing small silver dollars around its not worth the time or the energy also, ive seen many cohabs sucessfully being done and some that are still long going so all ths talk about cohabs not working needs to stop its bullsh*t,,,nothings impossible and some people have proven that,,,maybe not with the rhom..yet...but plenty of other serras

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

LOL. you act like because someone that dosen't know says its possible that means your idea would work.

Lets see some solid proof of a successfull cohab that lasts more then a year then we will talk. Neons with a huge rhom don't really count because those are feeders and will turn into feeders if the big guy gets hungry. I'm talking real cohabs. Multi Rhoms, Red's with Rhoms. Lets see who has ACTUALLY pulled it off. before we go about telling someone that it will work.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i say if you wanna try what no one else wants to all u are going to do is prove them wrong or prove them right either way its up to you everyones tank is different good luck with the experiment

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i had a rhom in a 180 gallon and had 3 silver dollars in there. i was supposed to give them away but guy flaked. he lived with them for almost, 2 weeks until he decided to chew big chunks out of them. before he killed them they would swim all around the tank. he never ate them just killed them. in my experience it never worked. felt bad for the dollars because one lived, but only had body from fin and up (would just float head down). GL

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I grew out some silver dollars with my rhom...I had 5 at about 5". Then he started picking them off one at a time. I am down to one...and as long as he doesnt get in my rhoms face he does ok. I have a bunch of small fish with my rhom...hes too big to see them as anything but a nuisance. If you are thinking about trying this with anything smaller then a 15"-16" rhom..dont waste your time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts