Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Black Piranha since Jan. 18, 2003. I bought it for $9.99 at Pet Supplies Plus in Toledo, OH (I live in Michigan) when it was about the size of a quarter. I've seen several other species of piranha that look similar to the piranha that I own when they are young juvenilles. I have pictures of my piranha and I would like someone to verify that it is indeed a Black Piranha. I will e-mail the photograph. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
100% Pygo
99.9% Natt.!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sorry to break it to you also, man. Your so-called "black piranah" has the shape and look of a PYGO.. more so of a red belly.

Try and return it. Also raise hell to 'em for playing with your emotions and selling you a false product!!

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Xenon Posted on Mar 28 2003, 01:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is Jesse's "new" Black Piranha. I am still sorry to say this looks like a Spilo CF to me
Agree.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought it for $9.99 at Pet Supplies Plus in Toledo, OH (I live in Michigan) when it was about the size of a quarter
That place sucks as far as fish being ID'd properly.

A while ago when I was bored and went looking around, their store on Alexis had Spilo CF's labeled as rhoms they even had a pretty good sized spilo cf labeled as a rhom right next to a rhom that was labeled correctly,the dude working there even tried to sell me the spilo as a "rare red black piranha"
and their store on Talmadge had baby gold spilos labeled as rhoms right next to a tank (compartment in their setups) of "gold piranhas"(spilos) mixed with redbellies they swore "will get along fine".

at least it's a nice looking spilo cf and not bad for $9.99

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
the dude working there even tried to sell me the spilo as a "rare red black piranha"
This is fairly accurate description, since in portions of Brazil the S. spilopleura CF is known as a black pirana.

and their store on Talmadge had baby gold spilos labeled as rhoms right next to a tank (compartment in their setups) of "gold piranhas"(spilos) mixed with redbellies they swore "will get along fine".
Argueably an often stated opinion based on people's perceptions of what they read, see, and get from wholesale dealers. Sometimes, its better that you be knowledgeable and not worry about the dealer that will eventually establish their own reputation.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Yea $9.99 is cheap for a Spilo CF. I paid more than that for my little guy. They are great fish though.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
WTF
this thread is almost two years old, please don't bring back old ass threads

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.