Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two small ps and one of them has had his tail bitten off and he now swims funny is his tail going to grow back or is he marred for good?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Unless it's to much of it's tail, then yes, it will always grow back.

Baby P's eat tails of other fish all the time. It's because it will always grow back and there will alwys be an available food source.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts

so we can better help u out

my baby p's are always fin nipping sometimes almost the whole tail
as long as it does get into the fles area it should be fine

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome, I am a newbie here too......

I agree, don't rush into buying anything....... I am also a person who rush when I want something..... and usually end up buying something that is not to my liking..... and and up spending more.......

Its better to plan ahead.......Start by asking yourself what species of Ps you want, and how many...... After that then do some research on what tank size you would need for the Ps you want...... If possible get a large enough tank so that the Ps can stay there for lifetime without tank upgrade.

Ps are a messy when eating.... so I really recomend good filter setup.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
well my P isnt that messy. steady diet of pellets with all the nutritions, some times he gets shrimps lol

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
You would be suprised of the capability of an injured P tail to grow back. Many times even if its to the meat, it might be able to recover. Give it some time. Usually 2 weeks should be enough time.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have a Piraya which the whole tail brok off from finn rott. Been treating since, and begining to generate fast. I will have pix posted on weekly basis to update.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Piranhas have amazing healing capacity...shouldn´t be any problem it´s tail will heal...!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I was remiss in my previous post....

I should say that I have always found it heals faster if you up the water changes to twice a week when the regeneration of a tail is concerned. (Maybe the healthier cleaner water works for regen like it does for sickness?) Not sure.

It could be just my imagination, but it just always seemed to work for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts