Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my one eyed p (cyclops) has a bite taken out of him by one of the other p's. he is about 2 inches but the bite isnt that big. I have an extra 10 gal tank that could be used to put him in but i dont have a filter or heater for it. should i leave him in the tank that he is in now and add a couple pinches of salt? He is in a 30 gal tank with 3 other 2 inch p's. (dont worry i have a 55 gal tank for when they get bigger). I believe the reason he was bitten was because my p's were being **** and wouldnt eat what i fed them so i waited to feed them for about 4-5 days. water parameters are fine as well.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
He will be okay. Im sure you can tell if it is serious or not, and if not, it will heal withing a few weeks. I had a spilo with a half circle taken out of his back, and it is almost completely healed some 2.5 weeks later. P's have incredible healing capabilities.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Im sure your fish is not "consiously" doing this on purpose. Dont worry about it. If anything I would be woried about my fish burning itself. Thats why I dont keep heaters in any of my tanks.

~Dj

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Then how do u heat ur tanks?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, salt will help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.