Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Captain Britannia
4,605 Posts
i play pool mostly 9 ball with a little 8 ball thrown in and i also play snooker.
billiards is a game on its own and i dont play it.
reyes is my fav and i have a semi decent 9 ball cue and a snooker cue.
dixon

· Registered
3,123 Posts
I shoot some 3 cushion billiards but mainly pool because it's easier to get a game. I prefer straight pool but the money's in 9 ball so I play a lot of that and 8 ball. I use a 17.5 oz Schuler Pro-line in tournament play and a McDermott Tucson for fooling around. As far as pro's go, I really like Karen Corr. She's got a nice rack.:laugh:

· Registered
1,299 Posts
I play, got a custom Viking made a couple years ago. It's got the double threaded joint, blue pearl, good stuff...

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Zim said:
How is billiards on it's own??
[snapback]837537[/snapback]​
It's a great game if you have a good eye and a smooth stroke but to be effective it takes lots of practice. Billiards is a great help in learning how to control the cueball. If playing 3 cushion is too hard at first, play for less cushions. Even playing for straight caroms (no rails have to be hit, but they can) would be helpful in learning how the cueball is comming off the object ball. Once this becomes easy then you could move to one rail, then two rail, then your up to three.
In case you don't know the rules,3 cushion billiards is played on a table with no pockets, only 3 balls are used, the two players each have there own cue ball and there is 1 red ball. The object is to play your cue ball and hit 1 of the other balls and after contact with the first ball your cue ball must hit 3 rails and then hit the other ball on the table. This scores 1 point. The object is to score 15 points to win a game.

· Registered
4,967 Posts
at least once a week, 8 and 9 ball, i play better when im drunk, my pops is alltime favorite player(i've only beat him twice) actually he's is a bit too good, i find myself playing bank the 8 so i has a chanc when i play him :laugh:

· Registered
2,161 Posts
I love playing pool my X gf's parents own a billiard store so i get all my cues and stuff for real cheap. the other day they gave me a 500 dollar cue for FREE, its a falcon i dont know the model but it is so f*cking awsome, and i have a preditor 2 peice for breaking. Im not to sure about pro pool players i just know i love to play. matter of fact im leaving in 20 to play with some friends and take there money. GOD I LOVE MY NEW CUE

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pool is one of my favorite sports. It's awesome how the pro's break so hard. I noticed the try to shift their weight in and use draw english so the cue ball wont fly off the table.

· Indianapolis Football
11,384 Posts
I play ocassionally and my favorite pro is Jeanette Lee aka Black Widow.. she resides in Indy and I've seen her play twice at my favorite pool hall, Chalkie's

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.