nice freezer collction..those p's are big...wicked teeth

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Great monsters you had!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
The thickness of that piraya is freakin amazing.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Very nice indeed!!!!
Huge and nice teeths!! Pls do tell when/if your ever gonna post on eBay!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanx guys.

some nice ass 11 inch pygos
The smaller one was 12" measured by Oliver Lucanus when it came in 4 years ago. The larger one was measured at just under 15" when Oliver got that one in as well. Since you brought it up BdKing.

The shrink quite a bit when frozen.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Yes i definately believe that they were some monster because i have seen your pictures of them before when they were alive, but are you using standard length or tail length measurements. They are the biggest cariba i have ever seen either way.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, the smaller Piraya died the morning after I put him in the tank. The Rhom yes, there are pics up already.

BD,

Only the smaller Piraya and the Rhom were mine. The rest were given to my by a few different importers for me to have mounted. The smaller and larger Piraya were measured by Oliver Lucanus. I only had the smaller Piraya alive for one night and froze him before I measured him.
Although I am sure he use TL.

The PYGO pics I put up are still alive and well. There are no Caribe in the freezer.

Thanx though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One day I will take the Caribe out and do actual measurements with pics for record. I am VERY nervous about it though, I lost that one smaller Piraya so easily and I am sh*t scared of loosing the others to something so stupid. one day I will though. I have heard Oliver say that these were the largest Caribe he has heard of in North America. We will have to see.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was looking at your picture collection...what size tank do you have your pygo's in? Very nice pictures too!! Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanx Nate, I ahve seen freeze dried before.. It looks goos but just not what I am looking for. I am personal with the head of the Taxidermist of Canada.. Should get a good deal from him.. I will see how it goes.

Jake,

Pygos are in a 230 gall.. and soon to be upgraded, they are looking fairly crowded in it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts