Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the fish about 2 weeks and change ago. He is 7" and the biggest fish in my tank. I feed the tank every other day with a good amount of food and remove whatever is left. Since i got him he has eaten once. The one time he ate was when i put in a 6" pond goldfish, and still he only took a few bites after the fish was practically dead. He NEVER eats when i do my normal feeding of beefheart, squid, smelt, shrimp etc.., he doesnt even seem to show interest in the food. Whats the deal? He seems perfectly healthy in every manner, he even chaces around the other fish very frequently. What could be the problem? Should i be worried? Thanks for any help.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
What other fish do you have him in the tank.. is he shoaling with other Pygos?? Also, you just recently received your P and even though its been 2 weeks, some dont get established in their new tank for a month.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RhomZilla said:
What other fish do you have him in the tank.. is he shoaling with other Pygos?? Also, you just recently received your P and even though its been 2 weeks, some dont get established in their new tank for a month.
The fish i have in the tank are in my sig on the bottom. 2 terns, 2 piraya, 2 cariba, and 2 super reds. My fish rarely all shoal together, once and a while they all chill together, but most of the time they are scattered all over the tank. Im just worried about him not eating.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Not eating for two weeks is kinda long, but still I wouldn't worry about it: that fish is probably still getting used to his new surroundings (like Zilla said, some need quite some time). The fact that he is already chasing and interacting with the other tank mates is a good sign, imo. And piranha's can, if necessary, survive much longer without food...
I think all you need is some more patience...

Good luck, and keep us up-to-date...

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Don't worry about it. He's already showed signs of eating and, will eat when he wants to. My terns were never big eaters either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts