Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive been offered a big tank something stupid like 300gal
but is there a height thing you have to watch when keeping p's so when there at the bottom
of the tank they dont feel the pressure ov being crushed under the weight ov the water
cause im sure i read somwhere that you shouldn't keep them in a tank over 24" high
xx

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
:laugh: Welcome aboard , Dont worry about the weight of the water ....theyll be fine ..

Many of my friends have tanks that are higher than 24 inch

·
Registered
222 Posts
Don't worry. I'm sure alot of rivers in S.A. are over 24" deep. Besides fish are able to adjust to depth as they move down. There are fish down to 30,000 feet. P's are tough as nails.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
they will adjust to the tank. welcome to p-fury

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
I definatly would not worry about 24"... after all do you think the amazon is only 24" deep?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Dr . Frankenpiranha . phd said:
im sure i read somwhere that you shouldn't keep them in a tank over 24" high
[snapback]904289[/snapback]​
Usually, when we say no to tanks over 24" high, we're disregarding "tall" tanks compared to long (rectangular) tanks. Alot of tanks have odd demension where great deals usually come in shapes not suitable for our kind of fish. P's need the swimming space to go from left to right, not up and down. Thats why we mostly encourage members getting into the hobby on getting the right tank for the type of fish they're planning to purchase.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RhomZilla said:
Dr . Frankenpiranha . phd said:
im sure i read somwhere that you shouldn't keep them in a tank over 24" high
[snapback]904289[/snapback]​
Usually, when we say no to tanks over 24" high, we're disregarding "tall" tanks compared to long (rectangular) tanks. Alot of tanks have odd demension where great deals usually come in shapes not suitable for our kind of fish. P's need the swimming space to go from left to right, not up and down. Thats why we mostly encourage members getting into the hobby on getting the right tank for the type of fish they're planning to purchase.
[snapback]905045[/snapback]​
exellent nice one!!!!!! i will exept the tank!!!! by the way i found out it's bigger than 300gal it'scoming from a pet shop that closed down it's huge!!!!!
custom built thing

·
Registered
579 Posts
Remember to post some pics of the big tank, when you get it

What's the price btw?

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
welcome..i would be more worried about the floor its standing on.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No wanted a free 300 plus gallon tank
. Where in the heck do you live.........people have issues around you or something. I'm getting my giant tank in two weeks, God I can't wait.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Soldat said:
No wanted a free 300 plus gallon tank
. Where in the heck do you live.........people have issues around you or something. I'm getting my giant tank in two weeks, God I can't wait.
[snapback]905807[/snapback]​
i live in a sh*t hole called holyhead in north wales uk noone would no whet to do with a tank that big here lol they'd probably use it to sit in and pretend there a tiny lil pixie trapped
in a majical glass box!!!!!!!!!!!!! how bigs your tank??

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Man you got the deal of all deals!!! You dont know how many people would die for a free tank... and a 300 gal as well!!!

Please post pics of the tank with before and after you have your set-up complete, so that we can drool all over ourselves!!!

21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RhomZilla said:
Man you got the deal of all deals!!! You dont know how many people would die for a free tank... and a 300 gal as well!!!

Please post pics of the tank with before and after you have your set-up complete, so that we can drool all over ourselves!!!

[snapback]906676[/snapback]​
lol no probs m8 i will i hopeing to get a lil piranha house together
that tanks gonna be my main shoal tank with rb's n caribe
and a few other tanks with different breeds ov piranha
it gonna take ages caused i have to build a building to put it all in lol
but it's gonna bee cool well exited!!!!
byt he way does eny one no what this is i've been told it's an
serrasalmus altuvei?? View attachment 50648

1 - 17 of 17 Posts