Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i recently moved my 75g back home and it was fine for three days and yesterday it went cloudy. so cloudy that i cannot see the p's anymore. i am in the cycle process of my new 125g so i cannot move my caribes out of the tank i dont know what else to do. i have done a 10% water change the last two days. for some reason i have had a ammonia spike. ammonia 4, nitrites 0, nitrates 8, ph 6.7 and temp 80. what else can i do and what could have caused this problem

·
Registered
494 Posts
i had a similar problem...with no ammonia spike.. my water didnt get even close to that cloudy though either. it was a bacteria bloom.i was told to do small water changes every day untill it goes away from one of the members here, and i did and it went away in like 3 days. hope this helps

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Sounds like all your bacteria didnt survive the move so you are going through a mini cycle. The only think I dont like is the lack of nitrites. I would do some smaller water changes, add a little salt and feed sparingly for a while until your bacteria builds back up.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
yeah you can try waterchanges. i had the same thing happen about a year i did 25% waterchange everyday and in a week back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts