Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to my lfs and seen a monster size pleco
this thing was about 16 '' long and fat he had the biggest set of lips and when he was cleaning the glass he wiggled back and forth it looked so cool
he was in the 500gal tank they have for oversized fish they take back

anyways my question is who is the biggest common pleco owner on this board. mine is about close to 12''long. i can't post a good pic yet but will soon.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i had a 11 inches common pleco but traded him yesterday..
he was causing a mess in the tank.too much sh*t..

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
unxchange said:
There is a 9'' Royal Pleco at the LFS... I want it.
just wondering wants the going price for that size?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have a 4" commen pleco

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have a 11-12'' pleco so not the biggest on here but my lfs has some really large ones i couldnt even guess the size very thick also

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
6" but i think they are more mess then they are worth i have no alge in my tank and all he does is try to eat the p's food and sh*t all damn day. i mean all day. i took him out and put him in a tank with some alge no point messing up my nice tank.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i agree that they are making just ass much mess if not more than they are cleaning but i just think they look so historical i have a 11'' sailfin pleco and i can feed him with my hands. when i give him a tubifix worm he floats arround like he is in space it looks freaky. here is a crappy pic sorry for bad shot.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Biggest one I've seen was at the Aquarium Museum. Had to be a 17+ incher.

Biggest I had was 2-3 inch and would not want any bigger. They sh*t like mad and leave strings of it all over the tank. NASTY!! Imagine if you had that 17+ incher. You'd have firehose sized sh*t in your tank. Good luck cleaning that.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I don't really have trouble with my pleco's crapping all over my tank: sure, they do poop, but not nearly as much as you people say...

Maybe it's because I learned them to use the facilities

And I think they really look cool: I admit, they're goddamn ugly, but like Nike said, they look very prehistoric, and it looks really cool when they actually swim around (instead of scowering across the gravel): almost like a shark.

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts
i cast-netted one in south florida at a boat ramp, he was a solid 2 foot. he actually smelled bad he had so much algae and crap growing on him. part of the smell was that the water smelled bad from all the the gas and oil in the water. in some pits near the everglades you can actually see a bunch of caves where plecos are reproducing. note these are strictly common plecos nothing fancy.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Judazzz said:
And I think they really look cool: I admit, they're goddamn ugly, but like Nike said, they look very prehistoric, and it looks really cool when they actually swim around (instead of scowering across the gravel): almost like a shark.
Yeah.. the 17" one I seen at the aquarium museum looked like an alien. It was pretty dope how it got up and glided when it swam around.

·
Registered
211 Posts
1) How long do plecos live?

2) how long does it take for a pleco to reach that size (10-16")?

3) is it possible for a pleco to reach that size (10-16") in the home aquarium, like over 10 yrs or whatever?

I have had them for a while now and they grow kinda slow and dont do much but hang on the glass, so i never paid them much attention.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts