Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some big plastic plants made by Aquafit and they were only 11.99 Canadian ( normally found for around 18.99 ) so I picked them up considering the fact that my Amazon swords have died. Do P's still like the fact that they have plants in the tank yet they are plastic. ( I mean they must be able to tell the difference !
)

thanks for the replies. And also does anyone else use plastic plants in there P tanks ?

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have always used plastic plant in my tank and my p's dont mind ,i did add some real plants in with them once but they lasted 1 week so never bothered since.
the first red i had used to trim them and now my piraya has taken up trimming clumps of leaves off strange but i have some more in reserve
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Not sure if your Ps would know the difference in appearance. But sure shot know that either will get gnawd or chewed on from time to time

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I think most p's like them some have a tendancy to nibble on the fake ones that is why I have real ones because it is healthy for them to have vegetation.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I have fake swords in my tank. My fish dont really seem to be adversely affected. I have also had real plants in a P tank, and honestly , I dont really think they can tell the difference.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
fake plants are basically for the viewers visual and as well it will also act as a means of cover for the piranhas... now if they were strictly vegaterians then it would be a different story

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
They don´t care...just need a place to hide so it can be natural or fake!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use fake plants they like them they dont nibble at them at all adn unless ur P's started to eat the plants I dont think they would no the difference

·
Registered
829 Posts
my p's would bit and try to eat the fake plants... i would find chunks of plastic floating around, once i saw one of them with a huge chunk, he kept swallowing it and spitting it out.. so i decided to take the fake plants out... i always had a fake plant or 2, and they never did this until they hit about 4 inches...

i like real plants better anyways, but unfortunatey i have a snail infestation that just wont go away... i've tried "sanil-away" and lowering PH, but the bastards keep coming back!

i have a peice of a real plant in there now, just floating around... its got tons of bite marks from the p's on it!

you can see the damn snails too!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts