Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I said it several days ago..... YES< big 10 was over-rated.. They only had Michigan and Ohio St. As I mentioned in my BCS thread, Ohio St. did not have a tough schedule. The only good team they played was Michigan!

Just think how these match-ups would have been --

Ohio St. vs. Michigan
Flordia vs USC

I think we would have seen a couple better games if the match ups would have been as mentioned above!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ripped to shreds-Back that up. Who did OSU beat? Indiana? OSU beat Mich, and Texas.
Texas turned out to be not much, and Mich got dropped by USC. Sure Mich beat Notre Dame, but so what ND was weak too. It doesn't mean a team is good if they beat a bunch of other overrated teams.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
I said it several days ago..... YES< big 10 was over-rated.. They only had Michigan and Ohio St. As I mentioned in my BCS thread, Ohio St. did not have a tough schedule. The only good team they played was Michigan!

Just think how these match-ups would have been --

Ohio St. vs. Michigan
Flordia vs USC

I think we would have seen a couple better games if the match ups would have been as mentioned above!
kinda have to agree.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Even the University of Cincinnati looked good in the first half against OSU, and UC had NO offense at that time.
University of Cincinnati also put a whooping on Rutgers who at one time were ranked pretty damn high and Rutgers beat Louisville. But UC beat Rutgers and OSU beat UC WTF. Then USC beat the sh*t out of Arkansas in the beginning of the year, but at the same time USC got beat but UCLA who got destroyed in a bowl game by Florida State. Then look at Houston who gave South Carolina a good fight in the bowl game and remember South Carolina only lost by 1 point to Florida. sh*t then Navy gave Boston College a great game and what Notre Dame beat the sh*t up on Navy. Then Wisconsin also beats Arkansas in the bowl game. What the number 3 team in the Big Ten beat the Number 2 team. OMGWTFBBQ Then Geogia Tech played a great game against West Virginia, and ND played a great game against GT. So whats going on.... sh*t even WF played a descent game against Louisville. sh*t what does this all mean... absolutely nothing. Each team has good days, bad days....

·
Banned
9,411 Posts
Even the University of Cincinnati looked good in the first half against OSU, and UC had NO offense at that time.
University of Cincinnati also put a whooping on Rutgers who at one time were ranked pretty damn high and Rutgers beat Louisville. But UC beat Rutgers and OSU beat UC WTF. Then USC beat the sh*t out of Arkansas in the beginning of the year, but at the same time USC got beat but UCLA who got destroyed in a bowl game by Florida State. Then look at Houston who gave South Carolina a good fight in the bowl game and remember South Carolina only lost by 1 point to Florida. sh*t then Navy gave Boston College a great game and what Notre Dame beat the sh*t up on Navy. Then Wisconsin also beats Arkansas in the bowl game. What the number 3 team in the Big Ten beat the Number 2 team. OMGWTFBBQ Then Geogia Tech played a great game against West Virginia, and ND played a great game against GT. So whats going on.... sh*t even WF played a descent game against Louisville. sh*t what does this all mean... absolutely nothing. Each team has good days, bad days....
[/quote]

QFMFT!!! hahaha...

im sure ohio st has the potential to beat florida if they played again, they had a bad game, just like florida had a good game and beat ohio...or boise st. had a great game and beat OU. it doesnt mean sh*t, because if boise and OU met again, i'd guarantee OU would rape boise. they just had a good game, period. ohio is a better team than florida i believe, but their offense was like nowhere to be found, sh*t happens. its football. look at the patriots, lost to the jets in week whatever, 11 or 12 or some sh*t, then they just raped the same jets team...everyone has their good days and their bad days, ohio had a bad day, and believe me, i was happy as sh*t to see florida win, i hate ohio st. with a passion, almost as much as i hate USC, but i'd be lying if i refused to notice that ohio has a better balanced team, a better team overall. florida had a pretty weak ass schedule if you ask me...they played how many teams that we're barely .500? and a 1-AA team that sucked in 1-AA!!! they got a bunch of gimme wins, and they still didnt blow a lot of teams out, they barely beat tennessee, which they could've just as easily lost that game and we wouldnt even be talking about florida and ohio st....

·
Registered
441 Posts
I dont believe that the Big 10 is all that much better then the SEC nor did I say that. I just dont think that the Big 10 is overrated. Look at the SEC. You have 2 good teams (top 5) in Florida and LSU. Then You have a falloff just like in the Big 10. Arkansas is not/never was that great of a team. The were destroyed by USC and lost to the two best teams in the SEC as well as Wisconsin in the bowl game. Auburn lost to average Arkansas and was crushed when it mattered most in their season to Georgia, granted they probably r the third best team in the SEC comparable to Wisconsin (who finished with a better record). Tennessee lost to Penn St. (big Ten) in the bowl game. Georgia is a solid football team but in terms of their record they are no better then the top 4 teams in the Big 10, afterall they barely defeated a terrible Colorado team.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I dont believe that the Big 10 is all that much better then the SEC nor did I say that. I just dont think that the Big 10 is overrated. Look at the SEC. You have 2 good teams (top 5) in Florida and LSU. Then You have a falloff just like in the Big 10. Arkansas is not/never was that great of a team. The were destroyed by USC and lost to the two best teams in the SEC as well as Wisconsin in the bowl game. Auburn lost to average Arkansas and was crushed when it mattered most in their season to Georgia, granted they probably r the third best team in the SEC comparable to Wisconsin (who finished with a better record). Tennessee lost to Penn St. (big Ten) in the bowl game. Georgia is a solid football team but in terms of their record they are no better then the top 4 teams in the Big 10, afterall they barely defeated a terrible Colorado team.
Are you kidding me??? The SEC is packed with talented teams. If the worst SEC team decided to transfer conferneces tomorrow I think they would domaniate almost EVERY conference out there (few exceptions).
You cant say AK got destroyed by USC.... AK had 3!!!!!! key players out of the game.... McFadden being one of them. People dont give the proper respect to the SEC. More to come when I take a nap

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ohio state may have had a bad game, but how much better is their offensive line going to get, ort the defensive line? They were both absolutely dominated. They're not, they are what they are. If OSU played Florida 10 times, OSU would lose 9, get crushed in 5, loose by 7-10 in 3, and 1 would be close.
Auburn and Arkansas would both likely take6 out of 10 from OSU, Tennessee would take 4 out of 10 and even Kentucky would beat them 3 out of 10. It is just not a matter of 'good' or 'bad game, it is a matter of OSU simply does not have the strength or speed to hang with a quality SEC team.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you kidding me??? The SEC is packed with talented teams. If the worst SEC team decided to transfer conferneces tomorrow I think they would domaniate almost EVERY conference out there (few exceptions).
You cant say AK got destroyed by USC.... AK had 3!!!!!! key players out of the game.... McFadden being one of them. People dont give the proper respect to the SEC. More to come when I take a nap

[/quote]

never said the SEC was bad. In fact they r one of the top conferences in football alongside the Big 10. My point is that after Florida and LSU there is a dropoff (just like after Ohio State and Michigan their is a dropoff). I agree that if the worst team in the SEC (Miss St. this year) would hold their own against teams in the WAC, mid-America, or Big East, but in real conferences like the ACC, big 12, big 10, and obviously SEC, Miss St. would be and was the lesser team. While the worst team in the SEC is probably better then the worst team in the big 10 ( probably Illinois), the other teams are imo all basically average and match up pretty well against each other. In fact in the bowl games Big 10 had a 2-1 edge over the SEC with the Ohio State upset being the only time that an SEC team beat a Big 10 team. Still, SEC is a very good conference overall, as is big10. I would compare what happned to Ohio State to what happened to UCONN last year in the ncaa tournament. Everyone was talkin about how easy it was for them to win it all and then they get cocky and go into the match thinking they already had it won. Florida came in prepared and Ohio St. didnt.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
^^^^ So what you're saying is that OSU is at least equal to a middle of the road SEC team?
No, read the entire post. Every team has its good days and bad days. Its that simple. SEC teams lost to big ten 2-1. Just a reminder for you. Yes Florida beat OSU, but if the entire SEC was god's gift to man then they would have went 3-0 against big ten, but they didn't.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
OSU got destroyed by Florida when everyone thought they were gonna dominate. How are they (and big 10) not overrated?

Their only quality win was against Michigan who got dominated by USC.
Oregon fan? With your 1 cheap win over Oklahoma.

And rememeber OSU lost 9 starters on defense and a few of the offensive guys, especially their #1 receiver. When was the last time a team lost that many players and still ranked #1. I know USC lost lots of people and look at them with 2 losses to unranked teams.

·
Banned
9,411 Posts

[/quote]

that is 100% bullshit. look what happened to BC, everyone said as soon as they go from the relatively shaded big east conference, to the fairly competitive ACC, they're going to get nowhere...they finished 2nd in the ACC this year, and they did well last year, which i believe was their first ACC season. by your logic they should've fallen right off the shelf and been a shitty ACC team. this argument is stupid, ohio can dominate any team in the NCAA, just like florida can, just like a few other teams can as well...it all boils down to who has a good game day.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.