Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the tank environment may directly affect a piranha's behavior, so should I recreate the Amazon river and put real log, leaves and tanish natural rocks for substrate? How about tan sand and fish hideouts(not saying his 9"+ body would fit anywhere but...)? My particular piranha can't live with other fish cause it ate them all(thus why I got it for free). Maybe a 12"+ pleco can do...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the tank environment may directly affect a piranha's behavior, so should I recreate the Amazon river and put real log, leaves and tanish natural rocks for substrate? How about tan sand and fish hideouts(not saying his 9"+ body would fit anywhere but...)? My particular piranha can't live with other fish cause it ate them all(thus why I got it for free). Maybe a 12"+ pleco can do...
Yes go for natural decorations, yet no caves or big rocks are needed. I would use some driftwood and lots of plants for Pygocentrus Piranhas.

A 9" Piranha is dangerous to any Pleco.

Harry

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
very natural look like amazon would do it...lots of live plants and driftwood...make it look like real river!...make the piranha feel like they at home in the amazon not aquarium lol....

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
yeah i wouldnt really toss a pleco in there just because you said all other tank mates got owned so.....creating the "amazon" effect would really help your fish out, and just to make it look like his natural environment....its the least we could do for taking these guys out of they're "aquarium" to ours

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
dont want to derail the topic but i am just wondering what you guys use to hold your plants down. do you tie then in a small rock or something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts