Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what the best pirahna's are to own. I'm getting a 150 or 125 gallon tank and would like some input on what I should look for.

I used to have red bellied pirahna's but they sometimes weren't the most aggressive fish or at least what I was expecting and I was just wondering if people preferred other pirahna's instead.

I was just hoping for characteristics of certain pirahna's and possibly comparing them to how red bellies usually are.

Thanks for you help in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might consider some P. cariba, or possibly S. spilopleura. If the former you'll want lots of cover as they might now get along all that well.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
It really depends on the individual fish, but for more info, look down about 3 posts and read knifemans post "pygo feeding observations" , he sums up the 3 pygos eating habits very well, which is what most are interested in.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
It depends upon what you want out of your fish and your bodget, you could opt for one big Serrasalmus or a small shoal of something, if you want a shoal I to suggest Cariba they are the best value when it comes to a active and aggressive piranha, they look great too :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts